Is There Any JW Belief That You Still Believe In?

by minimus 44 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

The things I agree with, but for different reasons these days:

There's not a burning hell

There's not a Trinity

There's no immortality of the soul

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Undercover,

You reminded me and I guess there are two more things I agree with:

No hellfire

No trinity - but I do believe Christ is divine

• Nowman
    Nowman

I consider myself an agnostic, which reminds me of a joke if you have not heard it...

What do you call someone who has imsomnia, whos dislexic, and is an agnostic?

Someone who stays up all night wondering if there's a dog...Ha Ha Hee Hee

These days I do not spend much wondering anymore. I truly feel I do not know since the JW org was what I grew up with. When I do have a day that I think about it, is when I think about prenancy, I always think to myself, how could this have just happened? It had to be created by something, someone, then my mind goes round and round, and I get distracted and move on with my day...

As far as the JW beliefs, I do not know about somethings, but others, I stand firm that I do not agree with them at all.

For me personally, it really is OK to not know for sure. I feel my life is good and full. Maybe if I had personal problems, it would be different. Maybe ten years from now, I will feel different.

Today, it OK to not have all my questions answered.

• Gill
    Gill

That 'religion' will be, perhaps not completely destroyed, but people are beginning to learn with education that it's all a crock of shit, and so religion will be gradually brought under control and hopefully play little role in people's lives, just as voodoo does not control the people of the west, only the uneducation poor of third world countries.

Education, NOT the UN will destroy religion, as it exists today.

Everything else the JWs believe is pure poo, poo!

• Boxed elder bugs
    Boxed elder bugs

I kind of agree that we should avoid the military and fighting and killing in the wars of the nations. If they still hold that view, I have been out for a long time and the Witness merry go round changes beliefs constantly.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Nope.

• daystar
    daystar

Hmmm... I can't think of any at all off hand. Since I was raised JW, I'm sure there are personality traits of mine that arise from having been so. I'm sure there are general beliefs about life and existence that have remained. However, I can't think of any JW doctrine I hold to be accurate without corroboration.

For example, I won't have a problem accepting blood should I ever need it. However, I also still believe in a strong family unit, and I'm sure that that opinion arose at least partially from being raised JW.

• The Mayor of Turiwhate
    The Mayor of Turiwhate

I no longer hold to any of the beliefs/ doctrines that are peculiar to JWs.

The only beliefs that I still have in common with the dubs would be those principles that are common to all the worlds major, enduring religions.

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

I till believe the trinity is not found in the bible in concept or in word

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I believe that bad associations spoil useful habits. That's why I stay away from the kingdom hall.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit