What did YOU do during the downtime?

by LittleToe 75 Replies latest jw friends

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    So what did you do during this time? Did you suffer the DTs? Did you sit looking blankly at the screen pleading for it to reappear? Did ya just go and do something productive with your day?

Littletoe, I panicked! I was wondering if something was wrong with my computer. I cleared my cookies, history, and turned off the computer. I, also, disconnected the DSL, so that it would reset the i.p. address (or what have you). When that didn't work, I kept trying to sign on. I then thought, I need the email address of someone else on here so that I can email them to see if they're having the same problem (somebody, please, pm me their email address). I didn't have anyone's email address! I went to other Ex-JW's sites trying to see if anyone had posted anything there about this forum. After getting nowhere, I finally settled down and started playing Word Whomp.

I was getting ready to jump off the deep end and join another group! I did that one time, but I don't remember what group it was, nor do I remember my screen name. Oh well!

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

The WTBTS are always warning of the dangers of the internet - yet while this site was down, I had more time for fornicating and drinking.

• Gill
    Gill

Glad your time wasn't wasted then, MC!!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

MsMcDucket:
    Tell me about this Word Whomp - does it involve Centagenarian fornication?

It's a good idea to amass the email and IM addresses of those you want to keep in contact with. Technology is a fickle thing, and there may come a day when whole sites disappear for various reasons. It happened to Quotes through legal action, and someone informs me that Slippy's crashed ne'er to be recovered, too.

• ballistic
    ballistic

I don't know if it is fickle as such. It is prone to break like everything we make. A good backup strategy is an essential part of any IT system. Even better a good contingency setup. I can be back online immediately if literally any part of my system goes down. I think describing it as eratic would imply there was something bizzare going on in the circuitry.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    Glad your time wasn't wasted then, MC!!

It's not easy - but someone has to do it.

The WTBTS is guilty of stumbling me - closing down 'Quotes' (and trying to close similar) It is driving me away from the Internet and into more serious sinning. I hope the WTBTS can live with THAT on its Conscience!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit