What did YOU do during the downtime?

by LittleToe 75 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

So, if I'm not much mistaken JWD was just down for over 24 hours - the longest time I can remember in over four years of posting here. These things happen - c'est la vie.

So what did you do during this time? Did you suffer the DTs? Did you sit looking blankly at the screen pleading for it to reappear? Did ya just go and do something productive with your day?

Here in Scotland it was a beautiful day, so I went for a cruise on my motorbike. It was a good day to be alive, enjoy the weather, and reflect on the fact that I wasn't out on Field Service but enjoying my new rein on life

I hope it was as positive for you!

• neverin
    neverin

Good question LT

I hadn't realsied just how much time I spent reading this forum. I don't post very often but I read pretty much everything that's posted. So after going cold turkey yesterday I started one of the two essays I need to complete for Uni within the next 10 days and that's where I'm going now - back to exploring research paradigms - yeah (not)

• Sirona
    Sirona

It was a great day!

I must admit, I did spend some time trying to get on to JWD, in between surfing other sites.

Then, hubbie and I went for a long walk with the dog and ended up in a pub beer garden for a couple of drinks before heading back. Later, I made a gorgeous salad with mildly spiced chicken, plenty of olives (for me! hubbie hates olives) and lots of tasty bits.

Then I did some research on a god form who showed up recently and updated my new IPOD with lots of songs (its got 500 on there now!).

Your day sounds lovely....biking in good weather is top!

Sirona

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Last night I also got to visit a neighbour who had just lost her 83yr old father. The grandkids were there and everything, for the wake. Strangely enough it was a really positive experience, and I heard a range of stories about the old man.

"The Father had been in a singing contest (the Gaelic MOD) many years ago and was beating the next nearest contestant by a fair margin. That night, with it in the bag, he was encouraged to go out for a drink, which he did. The next morning, with the final two deciding songs to be sung, he was hoarse!

"He lost to the man who became that years gold medalist, a legend in his own time Calum Kennedy. Ironically, Calum died just this last week, also."

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

I read a bunch of stuff:

GentlyFeral

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

I worked, slept, made crab soup, rode my bike,and started reading "Party of One, The Loner's Manifesto".

And obsessively hit the refresh button to see if the site was back yet.

• Frog
    Frog

I spent my time checking JWD status every half hour x

• JH
    JH

I enjoyed going outside in the sunshine, although it was cool out.

• Kaput
    Kaput

Busy working overtime to try to make up for some of the shortfall while a dub.

• justicehope
    justicehope

I didn't know why the site was down so it felt eerie every time I would try getting on the site and the message was runtime application error - - I thought a virus or other serious attack shut down JWD!! What happen?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit