are we in the last hours

by force 60 Replies latest jw friends

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    my father goes to church. he thinks that all the christians are going to be taken off the earth when jesus returns and then everyone left over will be in a big war, will end up dead then go to hell.

one nutty family i have got.

Everyone has a 'nutty' family in one way or another. Your father's belief in "the rapture" is shared by many Christians, but I don't think a majority. It's all about interpretation of certain scriptures. fyi, I'm a Christian, I believe in a loving Creator and I don't believe in a literal hell, as in a firey place. There's enough Hell on earth to worry about right now, let alone some imaginary tomb of doom.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    Something will happen. When I do not know. by this I meant something big within 50 years such as major flu pandemic / famine / WW3

No doubt - but a halfway intelligent monkey could tell you that (not implying that you are a halfway intelligent monkey!) But what will it signify when it happens? Big things have been happening for thousands of years.

• inquirer
    inquirer
    inq (only thing Funky Derek quoted from me) -- That book was written in 1987. ... in 1987, you only
    had CD’s, tapes and records, now you have Ipods, digital radio, digital
    TV, and someone to come to your door to deliever you CD's you bought of
    Amazon. If I said to you I have an Internet connection and you look up
    web sites and so forth, you’d laugh at me then!!! The world is ever
    changing, but look at how fast things are moving along. And now they
    reckon about we are going to live like the Jetsons with these flying
    cars in the sky in the next few decades. I saw it all on 60 Minutes.

Funky Derek: Sorry inquirer, I assumed you were sane. My mistake.

inq: Check out this web site if you don't believe me: (only the first page here, but you get the picture) http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/04/15/60minutes/main688454.shtml

(CBS) Have you ever dreamt about the day you can buzz around in
    your very own flying machine? Well, that day may be sooner than you
    think.

Sky.” It's a computer system designed to let millions of people fly
    whenever they please, and take off and land from wherever they please,
    in their very own vehicles.

able to buy.

he will receive America’s top prize for invention. It’s called the
    Lemelson-MIT award -- a half-million dollar cash prize to honor his
    life’s work, which includes a brand new personal flying machine. Correspondent Bob Simon reports.

It's called the AirScooter, and self-taught inventor Woody Norris says it goes on sale later this year.

60 Minutes on a hilltop outside San Diego, Calif. It can fly for 2 hours at 55 mph, and go up to 10,000 feet above sea level.

it forward and the two counter-rotating blades pivot forward. Push it
    back and it goes back. Norris says you won’t need a pilot’s license if
    you fly it under 400 feet in non-restricted air space. And he’s going
    to sell it for $50,000.

machines. One, built in 1956, was known as Molt Taylor’s Aerocar. You
    could detach the wings and haul them behind you. But they failed to
    catch on because they were too expensive and hard to fly in bad
    weather.

traffic from millions of them buzzing around -- that is, until now. And
    that’s because NASA has come up with a plan to make personal flying
    machines a reality.

the White House, where he worked on the future of aviation. He showed
    Simon a flight simulator, a new computer system that can be put into
    any new airborne vehicle. He says it will make flying easy, and will
    manage all the new traffic up there.

If you think I am insane, you are closing the blind shutters and won't accept the truth as yet.
    We'll soon by living like the Jetson's... :) But I don't know if I could afford it or not! I think a lot of people will have that problem. LOL :)
  • inquirer
    inquirer

Leolaia,

I agree. That's why you should read my post with the interesting links. :) The prophecy of Palestine and the Dome of the Rock (but interestingly not built on the holy of holies!!!) built where the Jewish temple use to be is pretty important stuff... anyway, read the link, if you want... But we probably won't agree, yet again. :) Cheers. :) :D
  • jwfacts
    jwfacts

I think it is evil to use fear to manipulate people, and that is what the Watchtower is doing. It is typical of the media to get people watching sensationalised news reports, and cults to make followers. There is not point being scared that a terrorist is going to blow up a train, or God is going to destroy the earth, you cant stop it. Just live each day to enjoy it

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Yeah in fact the end came a few hours ago but you missed it...

(The end came 'invisibly' don't you know!)

• fairchild
    fairchild

Force, I spent half of my life being afraid that the End would be right around the corner. It was a huge waste of energy. If or when the end will come, nobody knows, but worrying about it is not going to change a thing. Once you realize this, you will have much peace of mind.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Hell, why not say we are in the last seconds! If these are the last hours, then God's clock must be blinking 12:00 in that great VCR in the sky.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

inquirer:

Funky Derek: Sorry inquirer, I assumed you were sane. My mistake.inq: Check out this web site if you don't believe me: (only the first page here, but you get the picture) http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/04/15/60minutes/main688454.shtml

I don't dispute for a second that technology is more advanced today than it was at any time in the past. (This has, of course, been true for the entire history of the human race). What makes you sound crazy is that you seem to think this signals the end of the world. The invention of the steam engine, the Jacquard loom, the telegraph, the radio, the aeroplane, the car, the television, the geostationary satellite or the personal computer didn't do it. But now, personal stereos are smaller and hold more music than they did 20 years ago, and someone new is promising the flying car - and suddenly it's Armageddon?

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Ergo,no 1914 then there can be no 1918 inspection..... The central CORE doctrine of the Watchtower,yes the reason the Watchtower came into existence was to declare Jesus second coming in 1914.When the prophecy (derived from William Miller of 1842) failed they said that he came "invisibly".

Ergo,no 1914 then there can be no 1918 inspection and sealing of the 'anointed' so the entire wts doctrinal superstructure comes crashing down like a house of cards.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit