are we in the last hours

by force 60 Replies latest jw friends

• force
    force

i posted this in the middle of someone elses thread by mistake.

my mother and her friend were talking at da weekend and they reckon we are not only in the last days but the last hours. i know most of you dont believe that anymore, but do some of you still get scared by it. i do. im only 16 and i am too yung to die. do all jw believe we are in the last hours? i was also wondering if i get protection becus my ma is jw. i mean noahs kids all got in the boat didnt they? clutching at straws just in case!

• blondie
    blondie

When I was your age, the WT came up with the concept that the end was very likely, most appropriately, going to come in 1975....that was 31 years ago and here we are.

Your end may come today as a car jumps the curb and mows down and kills everyone on the sidewalk, including you.

Blondie

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

You are old enough to get on the Internet and post here, so you are old enough to answer for yourself. Either Satan's demons or the Archangel Michael's angels are going to rip you from your mother's apron strings, son.

• inquirer
    inquirer

Fingers crossed that we are. I reckon the world sucks in my opinion.

http://www.ellisskolfield.com/pdf/TFPChapters1-9.pdf

And have a look at: http://observer.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,6903,750783,00.html

• inquirer
    inquirer

I can also relate to a poster who said on here once that it's the end of the world when it's the end of your life... While you are asleep in death you are not conscious of anything at all... and before you know it God's going to resurrect you and whola you are in the New World. But I think my first post has a lot of merit though. Food for thought.

• vitty
    vitty

In 1975 I was 14, my family had stopped going to meetings when I was 7. So I was terrified that in "October" of 75 I and all my family were going to die. When 75 came and went it didnt give me any relief that armageddon hadnt come, cos I felt it was going to anyway.

But here I am in my forties with grown up kids, I dont know if armageddon will come in my life time, I dont think it will, but i dont know whats going to happen tonight, tomorrow or next year. Dont waste your life being afraid of it, or waiting for it.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Hi force,

welcome to the board. The WT has been using fear for years to control the JWs. They are saying this now because it is obvious that they are loosing many members and not many new ones are coming into the org. So, they have to say its because the work is slowing down because we only have a short time. If tomarrow, new ones start coming in again, then they will say it is Jehovah making sure that all his sheep are in the org. (their version of the ark), so he is giving one last chance to everyone.

There is no basis at all in the bible for anyone being in a particular org. for salvation. Jesus said HE is the way, the life and truth so we must be in a relationship with Christ. Even if we are not, we will still have a chance for salvation. Right now the time is only for calling out the church of God, not for converting unbelievers. When the kingdom is on earth, it will be Christ's job to help people overcome their obstacles and put faith in his arrangement. This is too long to explain here but believe me, there is no second death right now. I am not saying people will not die if there is a Great Tribulation time in the future, but you are guarenteed, under the ransom, to have a resurrection because your sin was covered. the wages sin pays is death. So you have paid the wages and Christ has ransomed you from your death. It is Jehovah's purpose to convert the world and restore EVERYTHING back to himself. This is why the Apostle Paul calls Christians "ministers of the reconcilliation". The Good News we are supposed to preach is that thru Christ, the world will one day be reconcilled back to God and all things will be made new. That is a promise. There are many promises Isaiah made for the earth being filled with the knowledge of God and peaceful conditions for all mankind. Not just JWs. But the JWs, like many churches today teach fear to keep people in their org.

Think about it: What kind of Good News of the Kingdom is it for 99.9% of the world to die? Is the Good news only for 1% of mankind? that would make Christ a failure which we know he is not.

The problem is that the WT does not understand the Bible's timetable. Some verses were written for our time, some for the Millennial time. Also, many verses are for Christians only meaning those who are Christ's brother, the anointed as you call them. They mix these up. If you have any specific scriptures you would like help with, please send me a p.m. and I can respond.

Take heart God LOVED the world so much he sent his only son so we could be Saved, NOT destoyed. You will see once some time passes that this is all a bunch of hype! Do, don['t worry.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hi, force, here's how to handle unreasonable fear. If the end were to come in a couple hours, you can mark it on your calendar and put a note by your bedside. The note should read, "See? You were afraid for no good reason. For what man by worrying can add a single day? Tomorrow, go live life. "

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

inquirer:

I think we are. I disagre with Carl Jonson who wrote that Last Days -- When book.

Do you disagree with his chronology? Unlike that of the WTS, it's supported by overwhelming amounts of evidence.

We've gone through all the empires mentioned in the Bible: Babylon, Assyria, Medo-Persia, Greece, Rome, Britain, US, UN (suppose to be the 8th king.)

Those "empires" aren't all mentioned in the Bible at all, only in the Watchtower's interpretation. In reality, prophecies in Daniel have absolutely no relevance to the world today or any time in the future.

We are suppose to be at the feet of that multi-colored statue mentioned in Daniel.

Only according to the Watchtower (and other fringe elements).

People have been predicting the end since the beginning of time. They have all been wrong. Eventually, I suppose, one of them will be right but there is really no reason to believe it will happen any time soon.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Force I think the fear of armageddon got to you, there will never be an end in the way described by the JWs, theirs is a very simplistic concept created by unsophisticated minds not properly educated in the Bible.

The end may not be near and if it is it will not occur in the way they describe, and above all it doesn't mean at all that one can be saved by being a JW and by following the advice of the WTS.

You have to tear out of that web of deception regarding salvation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit