Notes 2006 Spl Assy Day "Keep Your Eye Simple"

by doinmypart 47 Replies latest jw friends

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Do you decieve yourself into thinking you have a simple eye when it isn't?

Their favorite manipulation - "You can't trust yourself! You're so BAD!"

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

All it ever is : FEAR Jehovah! (Who wants a god that is constantly to be feared?)

OBEY the ORGANIZATION!!! (I thought it was "obey god, not men"?)

But, we all know this load of crap inside out!! Hasn't changed any at all!!

shelley

• toreador
    toreador

It sounds eerily similar to years past assemblies. Thanks for the update!

Tor

• Highlander
    Highlander

Hmmm...maybe its kind of like the Immortals, from the old "Highlander" TV series...you just "know" if the other coot in the room is one of "us".

yep, and I'm the only one left.

Highlander,

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Those Patterson pics were something. Now I know what my mom was raving about after she saw it last year. I think she actually said something like if a person had any doubts about this being Jehovah's organization before they went, she didn't know how they could still feel that way afterward.

To me, it looks like just another case of "do as we say not as we do."

~Merry

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Thanx DMP.

While I agree that materialistic pursuits, for thier own sake, is an empty way of life, the goals of the society are far more insidious. They just want more book sales and are trying to keep the Tower from becoming the Titanic II.

Looks llike they hit hard on apostates too. They be a'tremblin' that lot, I tell ya' !

Jeff

• LDH
    LDH
    Interviewed a couple. The couple turned down scholarships to pioneer. They have to keep things simple so they both can pioneer, but they are content.

Bullshit.

JW youths take note. NO ONE "gives" you a scholarship. There is an application process to go through, which includes stating plans as to which college you plan to attend, etc etc. Scholarship requests typically go hand in hand with the application process which includes completing the FAFSA.

You may be awarded the scholarship and you may turn it down, but it's not because people willy-nilly hand out scholarships like candy. You have to be pretty convincing in most essays or in the application process.

JW Youths stop getting scammed. What most likely happened here is that these JW had good grades, and COULD HAVE applied for scholarships, but in their martyr like state decided not to even bother so the could throw their lives away selling valueless rags.

• White Waves
    White Waves

If I knew all of this was available on the Web, I could have done a much better job faking it the last decade I was a JW!!!

• blondie
    blondie

There are exceptions to every situation. I know a young JW woman who had refused to turning in any applications for scholarships, but the teachers felt so bad about that that they took up a collection and created a scholarship just for her, with a certificate, and a cash amount associated with it for use in her education, whatever she chose. She did take the scholarship and used the money to go to the local technical college for an associate degree.

Every time I hear stories about JWs turning down scholarships, I think of the ones who did not, especially men, who went on to get degrees as lawyers, doctors, engineers, and also were used as MS and pioneers. The WTS speaks out of boths sides of its mouth.

My suggestion is go on to school if you can afford it, get good grades, have a goal; don't see it as an opportunity to party hearty. Older ex-JWs, be aware that there are many scholarships out there for older students, women, many workplaces pay for schooling. Mine pays for 18 credits a year.

Blondie

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Movie theaters flickering on the Web
    Newark Star Ledger, USA - 2 hours ago 4-28-06
    ... Those can be very positive steps.". One of the most ornate theaters in New Jersey, the Stanley in Jersey City, is Kingdom Hall for the Jehovah's Witnesses. ... One of the most ornate theaters in New Jersey, the Stanley in Jersey City, is Kingdom Hall for the Jehovah's Witnesses. Tours of the theater, which is near Journal Square and sports a shiny copper marquee, are offered daily between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. --------------------------- WWJD ? The Watchtower still owns the opulent Stanley theater (Saddam's palace) in New York city?While their brothers in 3rd world countries exist in cradle to grave agony. Would Jesus preach in the Stanley theater ?
    alt

Built in 1928 as a vaudeville and movie house, the Stanley Theater is a massive Gothic-style structure. The 4,300-seat amphitheater is second in size on the East Coast to Radio City Music Hall, which was built in 1932. Jacob Fabian of Paterson, noted for theater construction in New Jersey, commissioned Fred Wesley Wentworth of Wentworth and (Frederick J.) Vreeland to built the movie palace. A glittering copper marquee spans the entrance, overhanging the solid brass doors. Over the marquee are three large arched windows. Building materials include marble from Italy, Vermont and Texas, limestone from Indiana, and granite from Maine to face the Corinthian columns. The impressive interior has a three-story lobby adorned with columns, a broad center staircase with trompe l'oeil alabaster handrails and balusters, lamps, velvet drapes, and stained class windows of faux "Chartre Blue" in the foyer. Allegorical paintings by Hungarian muralist Willy Pagany adorn the ceiling and walls. The larger of two crystal chandeliers, suspended from the second floor, is from the ..... I am not making this up click here

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit