Notes 2006 Spl Assy Day "Keep Your Eye Simple"

by doinmypart 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    The last one was, "the number of genuine (super-stressed) anointed ones is declining"

Very interesting. For them to say this they are *required* to have hard numbers on the how many "genuine" anointed are left and what the previous values were in past years.

Why haven't they been publishing these numbers... or are they just full of sht when they say that?

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    This is just a recycled program from about 1990. It's exactly the same as I remember it. (except for the internet reference)

LOL @ Mulan!!!!

It's hard to put one over on those of us that were there and heard this stuff back then, huh?

I had volumes of notebooks from all the notes I took during my years as a loyal and obedient (tm) sister who wrote everything down.....(like I was gonna have any chance of ever forgetting what was said) and I have since then tossed them all out.

If I still had them....I could most likely quote an entire assembly verbatim! (shudder)

Annie

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

As we know, the WTS has always talked out of both sides of its lying and deceptive mouth....

this "reminder" to JWs to keep THEIR eye simple....could be argued by this:

http://members.shaw.ca/tt3/p/p.htm

to get an EYEfull of what the WTS sees as "simple"...

• blondie
    blondie

*** w00 1/15 pp. 12-13 "Keep on the Watch" ***

Note that Peter also said: "The end of all things has drawn close." How close? There is no way for humans to pinpoint the exact day and hour. (Matthew 24:36) But there is a difference between indulging in speculation, which the Bible does not encourage, and keeping in expectation of the end, which it does encourage. (Compare 2 Timothy 4:3, 4; Titus 3:9.) What is one way that we can keep in expectation of the end? It is by paying close attention to the evidence that the end is near. Let us therefore review six lines of evidence proving that we are living in the last days of this ungodly world.

Six

Convincing Lines of Evidence

First, we clearly see the fulfillment of the apostle Paul’s prophecy concerning "the last days." Paul wrote: "In the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, self-assuming, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, betrayers, headstrong, puffed up with pride, lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, having a form of godly devotion but proving false to its power; and from these turn away. But wicked men and impostors will advance from bad to worse, misleading and being misled." (2 Timothy 3:1-5, 13) Do we not see this prophecy being fulfilled in our day? Only those who ignore the facts can deny it!

Second, we see the effects of the ouster of Satan and his demons from heaven, in fulfillment of Revelation 12:9. There, we read: "Down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him." This has resulted in great woe for the earth. Truly, there has been much woe for mankind, particularly since 1914. But the prophecy in Revelation adds that when the Devil is cast down to the earth, he knows that "he has a short period of time." (Revelation 12:12) During this period, Satan wages war with the anointed followers of Christ. (Revelation 12:17) We certainly have seen the effects of his attack in our time. Soon, however, Satan will be confined in the abyss so that "he might not mislead the nations anymore."—Revelation 20:1-3.

Third, we are living in the time of the eighth and final "king" mentioned in the prophecy recorded at Revelation 17:9-11. Here the apostle John mentions seven kings, representing seven world powers—Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece, Rome, and the Anglo-American dual world power. He also sees "an eighth king" that "springs from the seven." This eighth king—the last one that John envisions—now represents the United Nations. John says that this eighth king "goes off into destruction," after which no further earthly kings are mentioned.

Fourth, we are living in the period symbolized by the feet of Nebuchadnezzar’s dream image. The prophet Daniel interpreted this mysterious dream of an enormous image in human form. (Daniel 2:36-43) The four metallic parts of the image represent various world powers, beginning with the head (the Babylonian Empire) and extending down to the feet and toes (the governments that are ruling today). All the world powers represented in that image have made their appearance. We are living in the period symbolized by the feet of the image. No mention is made of other powers to come.

Fifth, we see a global preaching work being accomplished, which Jesus said would take place just before the end of this system. Jesus stated: "This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come." (Matthew 24:14) Today, that prophecy is in the course of fulfillment on an unprecedented scale. True, untouched territories still exist, and it may be that in Jehovah’s due time, a large door leading to greater activity will open. (1 Corinthians 16:9) Nevertheless, the Bible does not state that Jehovah will wait until every individual on earth has received a personal witness. Rather, the good news must be preached to Jehovah’s satisfaction. Then the end will come.—Compare Matthew 10:23.

Sixth, the number of genuine anointed disciples of Christ is dwindling, though some will evidently still be on earth when the great tribulation begins. Most of the remnant are quite elderly, and over the years the number of those who are truly anointed has been getting smaller. Yet, referring to the great tribulation, Jesus stated: "Unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved; but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short." (Matthew 24:21, 22) Evidently, then, some of Christ’s "chosen ones" will still be on earth when the great tribulation begins.
  • silentWatcher
    silentWatcher

Do they know who the "genuine" anointed are? If so, why not instruct elders of congregations where "non-genuine" anointed ones partake, not to count them?
    --------------------------------------------

I thought they already do (to a limited extent). For example, if someone unbaptized partakes, they are not counted. If someone who is disfellowshipped partakes, they are not counted either. Those cases are easy.

Others are hard. In one congregation I went to growing up, there was an older brother (born into the truth in early 1920's) who claimed to be anointed suddenly in the late 1980's. He was baptized before 1935, but wasn't even a mike handler. The elders were actually split on whether the guy was genuine or just a kook.

-silent

• minimus
    minimus

He "wasn't even a mike handler"...... Now THAT is funny! Only a Jehovah's Witness could understand that comment.

• sir82
    sir82
    I thought they already do (to a limited extent).

You're right, they are instructed not to count the obvious nutters.

But, there are still 8500+ being counted year after year after year. And still for 6+ years, the Society maintains the number of "genuine ones is dwindling".

If the genuine number is far less, and the Society knows it well enough to print it in a magazine with 20 million + circulation, then it seems pretty fair to conclude that the society has some mechanism for knowing who the genuine ones are. They should then communicate who those genuine ones are to the elders, and say "count Joe Doddering, but if Sally Middle-Aged-Divorcee partakes, don't count her".

Hmmm...maybe its kind of like the Immortals, from the old "Highlander" TV series...you just "know" if the other coot in the room is one of "us".

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    then it seems pretty fair to conclude that the society has some mechanism for knowing who the genuine ones are.

I know for a FACT they do. Here is a drawing of what it looks like:

• inquirer
    inquirer

The last time I saw a cartoon by Dr Seuss was that Metallica album St Anger! :D

• inquirer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit