Notes 2006 Spl Assy Day "Keep Your Eye Simple"

by doinmypart 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Crumpet - The comment about being in New Order 20-30 years was just the Bethel speaker's personal comments. This was his first talk and he was giving all the customary greetings...good to be back in this area...if we don't see old friends today, we will see you in the New Order in 20-30 years...and then he got into the talk. I just thought it was interesting for him to make that comment.

Sounds like a classic rookie mistake. I suspect that shortly after he got off the stage his ass receive a substantial amount of unwanted attention from his superior.

• minimus
    minimus

I think he knew what he was saying. After all, it's only "minutes" before the FDS says we'll be in the new system.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Thank you DoingMyPart.

I feel just as sickened as if I went myself.

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

The Bethel speaker that made the "20 - 30 years" comment is an older Bethel-heavy, former travelling brother. I found the comment interesting because in this case even a "higher up" in the Org actually believes this stuff.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    The Organization is moving ahead, don't get left behind.

Don't run ahead, don't get left behind... Let the society RIDE YOU to the new system.

• Forscher
    Forscher
    and in 20 or 30 years we will be in the New Order]

If only I had a dollar for every time I heard that same shit in the last 30 years...

W

You and me both friend. You and me both!
    Forscher

• sir82
    sir82

The Bethel speaker that made the "20 - 30 years" comment is an older Bethel-heavy, former travelling brother. I found the comment interesting because in this case even a "higher up" in the Org actually believes this stuff.

Oh I don't know. It could also be that he's trying to convince himself that it is close....or it may be he says that because it is what is expected of him.

• kid-A
    kid-A

An appropriate theme title. In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed are kings...

• sir82
    sir82

Hey, did your speaker go into the "6 signs we are living in the last days" stuff?

It was a virtual word-for-word re-hash of th eWT study article from 3 or 4 years ago, about "6 lines ofevidence we are living in teh last days".

The last one was, "the number of genuine (super-stressed) anointed ones is declining"

Which got me to thinking....

On what do they base that statement on? Certainly not the count of those who partake of the emblems, as that number has hovered at 8500 or so for the past 15+ years.

If its not based on that number, it must be based on something else. What? Do they know who the "genuine" anointed are? If so, why not instruct elders of congregations where "non-genuine" anointed ones partake, not to count them? Seems like it would save a lot of confusion....

And if they don't know who the genuine anointed are, how can they say so assuredly that the number is declining?

One more question I'd like to ask, if the right opportunity with the right person presents itself...

• minimus
    minimus

Hmmm, maybe the GB replacements aren't "genuine", huh? Now wouldn't that be somethin'???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit