Notes 2006 Spl Assy Day "Keep Your Eye Simple"

by doinmypart 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Honesty
    Honesty

The congregation in Pergamum was in danger of apostasy.

Today all of us have to act if apostasy comes up.

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

I just love those goofy little catch phrases and buzzwords they come up with, Keep Your Eye Simple indeed, should have called it Keep Your Mind Simple, would have at least been closer to the truth.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

The future of the building was in question until it was purchased as a Jehovah's Witness Convention Hall for $18 million in 1983. Thousands of volunteers worked over a nine-month period to renovate and clean the theater for its first assembly in August 1985. Seven years later, the Jehovah's Witnesses expanded onto the adjoining property. The three-story building houses the administrative offices, additional auditorium, and dining areas. Tours of the former theater are conducted daily.

Why in the world would they need an 18 million dollar assembly hall. You should see mine that I am assigned to. The last time I went the wallpaper was peeling of the walls. I just wonder how they can justify that.....when I see people in the halls scraping to pay for the halls they are in.

Maybe I really don't understand how high prices are in New York. Do they charge for the tours?

Was 18 million dollars a good deal at the time?

Thanks doinmypart for sharing your notes. I did not go but now I can at least say I got some good notes.

purps

ps Life gets very difficult as you get older when you have not gotten an education. Although I was a young adult when I was baptised, I did not get an education when I could have. I see my contemporaries having more time for other things in life, worked for a good retirement pension. And actually have the wisdom of life and experiance to really be meaningful teachers, not just magazine hander outers. If I did not have to work so hard now..........maybe I could have been out in service more, or maybe I would have not gotten burnt out with so many meetings to attend.........or maybe I could have been one of the donators to the Stanley Theatre!

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

"Even if you don't believe all of this or have questions, you must still, OBEY."
    So Jonestown!

• blondie
    blondie

I can remember when the congregation in one area had been renting space for the meetings. In the early 1950's, they built their own building to meet in.

For years, the circuits rented schools and other facilities for the assemblies. In the early 1970's, the WTS started buying theaters and renovating them for circuit assemblies and building new facilities as well.

Now the WTS purchased a facility in Florida for district conventions. Ex-jws with access to the DC schedule might notice how many are being held in this West Palm Beach facility. Since the only real increase in the WTS is in the hispanic population, this facility will be used frequently.

It is surprising the WTS is upgrading its type of meeting facilities considering that the end has been just around the corner since 1879 but the date keeps changing: 1914, 1915, 1920, 1925, 1940's, 1975, soon, very soon now.

Where is the WTS sense of urgency?

Blondie

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    Where is the WTS sense of urgency?

thats what my mom said when they got that big new printing press.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Do you post elsewhere, found this on another forum and thought it looked familiar....good for you spreading the word however.

• doinmypart
    doinmypart

Diamondblue

This is the only board I post on. It seems someone copied & pasted my notes. That is cool, the more people that see the WTS' bs the better. Thanks for posting the link, I'll visit that board.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit