You asked for an online list of WT misquotes......

by rebel8 53 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• rebel8
    rebel8

and here you go!

Thanks to all the people that contributed! http://jwinfo.8m.com/misquotes.htm

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

Great work Rebel, I saved the link.

The Claw.

• luna2
    luna2

Excellent! Thanks, Reb!

• jw
    jw

3 Every moving animal that is alive may serve as food for YOU . As in the case of green vegetation, I do give it all to YOU . 4 Only flesh with its soul—its blood— YOU must not eat. 5 And, besides that, YOUR blood of YOUR souls shall I ask back. From the hand of every living creature shall I ask it back; and from the hand of man, from the hand of each one who is his brother, shall I ask back the soul of man. 6 Anyone shedding man’s blood, by man will his own blood be shed, for in God’s image he made man.

10 “‘As for any man of the house of Israel or some alien resident who is residing as an alien in YOUR midst who eats any sort of blood, I shall certainly set my face against the soul that is eating the blood, and I shall indeed cut him off from among his people. 11 For the soul of the flesh is in the blood, and I myself have put it upon the altar for YOU to make atonement for YOUR souls, because it is the blood that makes atonement by the soul [in it].

13 “‘As for any man of the sons of Israel or some alien resident who is residing as an alien in YOUR midst who in hunting catches a wild beast or a fowl that may be eaten, he must in that case pour its blood out and cover it with dust. 14 For the soul of every sort of flesh is its blood by the soul in it. Consequently I said to the sons of Israel: “Y OU must not eat the blood of any sort of flesh, because the soul of every sort of flesh is its blood. Anyone eating it will be cut off.”

23 Simply be firmly resolved not to eat the blood, because the blood is the soul and you must not eat the soul with the flesh. 24 You must not eat it. You should pour it out upon the ground as water. 25 You must not eat it, in order that it may go well with you and your sons after you, because you will do what is right in Jehovah’s eyes.

23 Only its blood you must not eat. Upon the earth you should pour it out as water.

26 “‘And YOU must not eat any blood in any places where YOU dwell, whether that of fowl or that of beast. 27 Any soul who eats any blood, that soul must be cut off from his people.’

25 “Therefore say to them, ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah has said: “With the blood YOU keep eating, and YOUR eyes YOU keep lifting to YOUR dungy idols, and blood YOU keep pouring out. So should YOU possess the land? 26

1 And it came about one day that Jon´a·than the son of Saul proceeded to say to the attendant carrying his weapons: “Do come and let us cross over to the outpost of the Phi·lis´tines who are across over there.” But to his father he did not tell it. 2 And Saul was dwelling at the outskirts of Gib´e·ah under the pomegranate tree that is in Mig´ron; and the people that were with him were about six hundred men. 3 (And A·hi´jah the son of A·hi´tub, the brother of Ich´a·bod, the son of Phin´e·has, the son of E´li, the priest of Jehovah in Shi´loh, was carrying the eph´od.) And the people themselves did not know that Jon´a·than had gone. 4 Now between the passages that Jon´a·than looked for to cross over against the outpost of the Phi·lis´tines there was a toothlike crag here on this side and a toothlike crag there on that side, and the name of the one was Bo´zez and the name of the other was Se´neh. 5 The one tooth was a pillar on the north facing Mich´mash, and the other was on the south facing Ge´ba.

6 So Jon´a·than said to the attendant, his armor-bearer: “Do come and let us cross over to the outpost of these uncircumcised men. Perhaps Jehovah will work for us, for there is no hindrance to Jehovah to save by many or by few.” 7 At this his armor-bearer said to him: “Do whatever is in your heart. Turn where you wish to. Here I am with you in accord with your heart.” 8 Then Jon´a·than said: “Here we are crossing over to the men, and let us expose ourselves to them. 9 If this is the way they should say to us, ‘Stand still until we make contact with YOU !’ we must then stand where we are, and we should not go on up to them. 10 But if this is the way they should say, ‘Come up against us!’ we must then go up, because Jehovah will certainly give them into our hand, and this is for us the sign.”

11 With that the two of them exposed themselves to the outpost of the Phi·lis´tines. And the Phi·lis´tines proceeded to say: “Here are the Hebrews coming out from the holes where they have hidden themselves.” 12 So the men of the outpost answered Jon´a·than and his armor-bearer and said: “Come on up to us, and we will let YOU know a thing!” At once Jon´a·than said to his armor-bearer: “Come up after me, because Jehovah will certainly give them into the hand of Israel.” 13 And Jon´a·than kept going up on his hands and his feet, and his armor-bearer after him; and they began to fall before Jon´a·than, and his armor-bearer was putting them to death behind him. 14 And the first slaughter with which Jon´a·than and his armor-bearer struck them down amounted to about twenty men within about half the plowing line in an acre of field.

15 Then a trembling occurred in the camp in the field and among all the people of the outpost; and the force of pillagers trembled, even they, and the earth began quaking, and it developed into a trembling from God. 16 And the watchmen belonging to Saul in Gib´e·ah of Benjamin got to see it, and, look! the turmoil swayed this way and that.

17 And Saul proceeded to say to the people that were with him: “Take the count, please, and see who has gone out from us.” When they took the count, why, look! Jon´a·than and his armor-bearer were not there. 18 Saul now said to A·hi´jah: “Do bring the ark of the [true] God near!” (For the ark of the [true] God proved to be on that day with the sons of Israel.) 19 And it came about that while Saul was speaking to the priest, the turmoil that was in the camp of the Phi·lis´tines continued to go on, getting greater and greater. Then Saul said to the priest: “Withdraw your hand.” 20 Thus Saul and all the people that were with him were called out. So they came as far as the battle, and there the sword of each one had come to be against his fellowman; the rout was very great. 21 And the Hebrews that had come to belong to the Phi·lis´tines as formerly and that had gone up with them into the camp round about, even they too were for proving themselves to be with Israel who was with Saul and Jon´a·than. 22 All the men of Israel also that were hidden in the mountainous region of E´phra·im heard that the Phi·lis´tines had taken to flight, and they too went pursuing closely after them into the battle. 23 And Jehovah proceeded on that day to save Israel, and the battle itself passed over to Beth-a´ven.

24 And the men of Israel themselves were hard pressed on that day, and yet Saul put the people under the pledge of an oath, saying: “Cursed is the man that eats bread before the evening and until I have taken vengeance upon my enemies!” And none of the people tasted bread.

25 And all those of the land came into the woods, when honey happened to be over all the surface of the field. 26 When the people came into the woods, why, look! there was a dripping of honey, but there was no one putting his hand to his mouth, because the people were afraid of the oath. 27 As for Jon´a·than, he had not been listening when his father put the people under an oath, so he stretched out the tip of the rod that was in his hand and dipped it into the honeycomb and drew his hand back to his mouth, and his eyes began to beam. 28 At this one of the people answered and said: “Your father solemnly put the people under oath, saying, ‘Cursed is the man that eats bread today!’” (And the people began to get tired.) 29 However, Jon´a·than said: “My father has brought ostracism upon the land. S EE , please, how my eyes have beamed because I tasted this little bit of honey. 30 How much more so if the people had but eaten today from the spoil of their enemies that they found! For now the slaughter upon the Phi·lis´tines has not been great.”

31 And on that day they kept striking down the Phi·lis´tines from Mich´mash to Ai´ja·lon, and the people got to be very tired. 32 And the people began darting greedily at the spoil and taking sheep and cattle and calves and slaughtering them on the earth, and the people fell to eating along with the blood. 33 So they told Saul, saying: “Look! The people are sinning against Jehovah by eating along with the blood.” At this he said: “Y OU have dealt treacherously. First of all, roll a great stone to me.” 34 After that Saul said: “Scatter among the people, and YOU must say to them, ‘Bring near to me, each one of YOU , his bull and, each one, his sheep, and YOU must do the slaughtering in this place and the eating, and YOU must not sin against Jehovah by eating along with the blood.’” Accordingly all the people brought near each one his bull that was in his hand that night and did the slaughtering there. 35 And Saul proceeded to build an altar to Jehovah. With it he started altar building to Jehovah.

Note what happened when, years after Jesus' death, a question arose about whether someone becoming a Christian had to keep all of Israel's laws. This was discussed at a council of the Christian governing body, which included the apostles. Jesus' half brother James referred to writings containing the commands about blood stated to Noah and to the nation of Israel. Would such be binding on Christians?— Acts 15:1-21 .

That council sent their decision to all congregations: Christians need not keep the code given to Moses, but it is "necessary" for them to "keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols and from blood and from things strangled [unbled meat] and from fornication." ( Acts 15:22-29 )

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

Good job jw, now we know you can cut and paste. Care to explain why the WTS misquotes source material to suit it's own purposes?

• jw
    jw

You should always verify what man says to what the scriptures say. Rely on Jehovah not man.

• jw
    jw

ummm these are scriptures , you have a problem with the bible????

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

That what this list of misquotes is about. The men holed up in Bethel are twisting the words of secular sources to fit WTS dogma.

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

Only that it is a book filled with some good ideas surrounded by a bunch of gobbley-gook that makes it mostly unreadable and impractical to most people.

And those that do make some headway often hold their own interpretation as THE interpretation and set themselves up as some sort of leader among men.

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

Thanks for the link by the way, rebel8. My normally good manners have been slightly distracted by our new friend here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit