What age group has to sacrifice the most to be a JW?

by JH 22 Replies latest jw friends

• upside/down
    upside/down

Definitely young ones in their formative years...

u/d(of the so lucky I grew nonWitnoid class)

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

TEENS.

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

Children are damaged , the younger the more damage is done.

Humans go through natural developmental stages, they need to be safe, loved, nurtered. Toddlers are not wired for boring meetings. There is no reason for a toddler to be there. There is no good in a child being taught JW paranoia. Adolescents ...well they may create survival mechanisms but what a wasted life.

It's all bad.

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

I'll agree the young are the most damaged, but anyone still inside is making too great a sacrifice for what amounts to an empty promise from a dying corporation.

• White Waves
    White Waves

I agree it is the children. Especially once they are in school/daycare and exposed to NORMAL kids and NORMAL events like holidays, sleep overs, play dates, organized sports, etc. Nothing can be harder that having the born-in trust in your parents and having everything else in life, every person, conflict with that. I remember the first time I was at the door "witnessing" (read: forced) to please god and save lives and a school mate answered the door. I just started a new school a few months earlier, no holidays yet to F**** it up... OVER.... I'm gonna be a freak, again. Next is being out in service at "break" in the teenage years with classmates working there or eating there and wanting to die on the spot, or at least before Monday. It is so hard explaining how you have to do something that is so weird to everybody else and that you don't wanna do in the first place! (but you are told God will help you love it the MORE you do it). The worst though, was ALWAYS going in service on Christmas Day and New Year's Day. Absolutely no respect or consideration for people in the privacy of their own homes and families. OK - I can't visit (or talk with) my Grandparents or Auntie because I will see her Christmas tree, etc. but I can go to the doors on the holiday and see all the trees, all of the opened or being opened gifts, etc??? New Year's Day - Wake people at 9 freaking am to talk GOD?? Is that a good time for a conversion? Wondering if this year the car group will again tally (in shock and horror) the number of naked, nearly naked or obscene/pukers met that day??? UGH!

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Good question, but it's a tough call since there are so many sacrifices all through life. Kids get beaten up at school for being weird. Teenagers and young adults miss out on important dating lessons. Married couples miss out on breeding (can't have children with the end so close). Parents miss out on family life. Spouses miss out on a normal marriage. Family members of those who leave miss out on being a regular loving human who understands compassion. The elderly miss out on a funded retirement.

• juni
    juni

My opinion - DEFINITELY THE YOUNG PEOPLE

They don't have a normal childhood and are expected to act like "little adults".

As far as I'm concerned, it's abusive and I only wish I could take back that time lost with my own 4 kids. We've had a lot of discussions about this and now we enjoy seeing our grandchildren leading normal lives and are thankful that our kids forgave us and our relationships are still intact.

Even so, at times I still cry because of jamming this religion's ideas down my kids' throats.

Juni

• ferret
    ferret

School age kids. But I think it is easier today then it was in my day because classes are so diverse in nationaliy and beliefs and sexual preferences. So kids are taught to be more lenient toward others that appear to be different.

• stillajwexelder
  • Eric
    Eric

I think it's easy to say the children and teens.

But if you were a JW during the run up to 1975, made sacrifices of career and "went to serve where the need was great", ie: buttfook nowhere, and are STILL a JW, you are now into your retirement or nearing it, and are still trying to recoup your losses, all the while keeping up appearances of "reaching out."

Getting a fat lip from the school bully because you're the easy mark is tough, but I give the sacrifice award to the older folks who got so sucked in, and gave up so much that there is no way out.

Eric

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit