What age group has to sacrifice the most to be a JW?

by JH 22 Replies latest jw friends

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Anyone between the ages of birth and death; although the older folks get to park closer to the front.

• Saru
    Saru

I have a q now that is kinda related to this...How do u get a 9yr old & a 15 1/2 yr old out of the wt? The irony is that they & their mom "claim" to be faithful jw's, however they all listen to rap(even with the curse words), go to nfl & nba games, mom lets the older one have drinking parties, and have a wordly girlfriend that he makes out with. Now, I have no prob with the above things listed EXCEPT the drinking, unedited rap, & I'm concerned about the little girlfriend could end up pregnant. All the other stuff is normal growing up experiences & I'm thankful that they are allowed to do that. However- they refuse to do the holiday things-flag salute, etc. Double standard wouldn't u say? I wish that someone who loves to write could make a book for jw kids who are caught in the middle of a believing parent & a former believing parent. I hate to admit that the wt is good at writing stuff in a way that kids can understand & condition them to accept a theocratic way of living (ex: why bdays are unacceptable to jhv-john the baptist head on a plate...) Can a book be make to make the kids less paranoid about getting destroyed for wanting to do normal things? I feel that the kids want so badly to please their mom& grandparents, & yet I can tell at times that the younger one is in turmoil about the fact that pops is going to be done away when this wicked system of things ends. Sorry that this was long. Any ideas or comments would be appreciated.

Thank you!

• apfergus
    apfergus

I can agree that it's hard to be a young person in "The Truth", but honestly I got out when I was 17 and before I was baptised, so I think I managed to avoid some of the worst. My family that's still in the organization doesn't have to shun me, etc. Yeah, it was a really hard time in my life for me, but I really feel like I got off easy when I hear about other people's stories.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit