Depression

by luna2 36 Replies latest jw friends

• luna2
    luna2

Okay, so this isn't long-term (I hope) horrible depression, just....a bad couple of days. I'm taking suggestions on how to pull out of it. Ideas?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Are you having sunny spring weather? Take advantage of it! Go outside with a lawn chair and sit under a shade tree with a cold glass of ice tea and just relax and enjoy the sounds and smells of the out doors.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

How's the weather there? Maybe some outdoor activity will help.

BBQ!

W

• trevor
    trevor

Luna2

You need to ground yourself. I have just got back from four days walking on Exmoor in South/West England.

Switch off your computer and get out into the countryside amidst nature.

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

Don't forget, 4/20 (420/4:20) is a day away...

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

drink more water

• luna2
    luna2

I'm at work at present, but maybe I'll take a walk tonight as the weather is gorgeous today.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

The hard part is just getting UP and going OUT. Its a very hard hump to get over, but once you do you can enjoy being out side.

Don't make me have to crack a whip on ya!

Do you have any time off you can take from work? Take a personal day! Hell, do it right now! Take the rest of the day off! Get in the car, roll down the windows and just enjoy the nice spring weather!

If you cannot take off today, how about tomorrow?

Find a nice "nature" park with lots of trees and birds and some water and just slowly stroll around enjoying the warmth of the sun on you.

• calico
    calico

I prescribe CHOCOLATE!

• luna2
    luna2

Mmmmmm, chocolate. Gotta keep this one guy who works for us out of my office today too. Nice fella, but dumb as a rock. Can't take his conversation at the moment. AAAAAAGGGGHHHHH!

Water I can do too.

Yeah, Else...I have trouble forcing myself to go outside sometimes. I have this weird phobia (not a real phobia, just an aversion) to people watching me if I'm by myself. I do go to the movies alone but its dark in there after the movie starts and nobody can see me so it works out.

Good suggestions peoples.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit