Eat a Placenta?

by skeeter1 33 Replies latest social entertainment

• upside/down
    upside/down

I was there for all three of my kids births, and as beautiful as those events were...the placenta is absolutely DISGUSTING!!!

We're not stray cats that eat it so their milk will come in... for god's sakes people!

Tom Cruise... is an idiot.

u/d(of the loved him in TAPS class)

• jojochan
    jojochan
    ? Isn't that a bit gross, canabalistic, and downright . I can't imagine knowing that my father ate my mother's placenta! I can't imagine even imagining that it was "ok" to eat a placenta.

Tom Cruise did "back down" from his statement after it hit google.

ROFLMAO!!! I wonder what it would taste like with a pinch of salt, a touch of garlic and onions. With a pat of butter and grilled chicken and apple sausage, with hash browns." Top it off with a tall glass of Kool-Aid ( the red kind)LOL!!!

Everytime I see him i end up laughing my ass off!!! I have been brainwashed to accept his damn foolery by mainstream hollywood.

Hell Yeah I 'll go see M.I. 3! And run home and jump on my couch for personal pleasure!!

jojochan.

• nelly136
    nelly136

maybe my mother in law ate the baby and kept the wrong bit

• mkr32208
    mkr32208
    it is has been used as a medicine in China for many years. In fact, the placenta is quite sort after, being included in pharmacological preparations to treat infertility, chronic fatigue syndrome and a variety of other diseases

I'm reminded of a line from Futurama....

Robot Sound Truck- "Calling all scientist! Emergency meeting! Calling all scientist"
    Little Man Runs Out To TruckLittle Man- "I have a degree in homeopathic medicine!"
    Robot Sound Truck-"you have a degree in NOTHING"
    Shoots Little Man With Firehose!

This is gross, this is disgussting, tom cruise is a feaky piece of crap who can't act and is 4 foot tall! Don't tell me 'other cultures do it' I'm not in other cultures I'm in America!

• Carmel
    Carmel

Then there was the time my father castrated the male weiner pigs.. seems nothing is discusting to a pig. They ran around fighting over who got to eat there own rocky mountain oysters!

carmel

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo
    Finally, David English of Somerville, Massachusetts, has thoughtfully sent me a copy of the script for a censored Saturday Night Live skit featuring--you'd better sit down for this--Placenta Helper. "Placenta Helper lets you stretch your placenta into a tasty casserole," it sez here. "Like Placenta Romanoff--a zesty blend of cheeses makes for the zingy sauce that Russian czars commanded at palace feasts," etc. The last line was supposed to have been a voice-over from Don Pardo: "Placenta Helper--make a rare occasion, a rare occasion." Very tasteful. Why it got cut we'll never know.

I read the preceding years ago in "The Straight Dope" and found it on the website for your enjoyment...

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Please, I am begging you...let this thread go into the background. Every time I read the subject line bile rises in my throat.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• acadian
    acadian

Auldsoul:

Every time I read the subject line bile rises in my throat.

Well then you probaly don't want to know about my daugther's placenta in the freezer I'm still laughing at "rises in my throat" LOL All I had to do is cut the umbilical cord with my teeth, I don't know if I could eat the placenta...yuk! Acadian

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Why let this valuable organ go to waste, when there is mom's special tasty lasagna to be made?

Placentophagia (or placentaphagia) is the practice of consuming the placenta. Many mammals naturally eat the placenta soon after birth and it is also practiced in some traditional cultures. Preparations vary, including eating raw slivers, recipes such as lasagna, soups, stews etc., or medicinal pills and concoctions. The placenta can be eaten by the mother and/or saved for the child (after introduction of solids). The most beneficial times for the mother are shortly after childbirth or during times of tiredness or energy deficiency. For the child perhaps at times of energy deficiency or perhaps consider before the 7 & 8 year cycles of growth (7, 14 etc for girls, 8, 16 etc. for boys). Why Eat Placenta?

There are many benefits to eating placenta and although it is not well documented in Western society it is has been used as a medicine in China for many years. In fact, the placenta is quite sort after, being included in pharmacological preparations to treat infertility, chronic fatigue syndrome and a variety of other diseases. Placenta is bought from young, healthy women then tested and treated accordingly. Why let this valuable organ go to waste?

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING!!!!! RIGHT???!!!??? Although I DID see it listed as a shampoo ingredient once. SO maybe your serious! EU EU EU!!!

Lady Liberty

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Lady Liberty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit