Eat a Placenta?

by skeeter1 33 Replies latest social entertainment

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

She said she wanted it for her birthing classes and that some people eat it. You know I was fine with it all until the eating it was said. I puked right there. The thought of eating the placenta did not sound right to me, I mean c'mon who in their right mind would eat human guts or any guts as far as that goes.

I swear I had nightmares afterwards for a long time thinking about people who eat other peoples guts...LOL

LOLOLOLOLO I cannot BELIEVE these stories!!!! How SICK!!!

Lady Liberty

• neverin
    neverin

When my hubby was born (40 years ago) he was born at home and the midwife told his dad to wrap the placenta in newspaper and burn it. Well in those days they had a coal fire so what did he do? Instead of burning it on a bonfire outside he put in on the coal fire. Apparantely it took days to burn and stunk to high heaven lol.

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

Wonder how it would taste with some Tiger Sauce??

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Is it me, or is Tom Cruise getting crazier as he ages?

• Leolaia
  • lovelylil
    lovelylil

tastes like chicken?

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate
    Meanwhile, mother in law arrives to help out a few hours later to check in, cook us dinner etc.. She is a great cook, and usually uses a pressure cooker. A few minutes I hear a scream "What is in this pot???""""

LOL man thats funny.

I was shocked too when I found out years ago that other cultures eat it. I had a rare oppurtunity years ago to take an extended stay in Souther America. I stayed with a family of Inca descendants that live just about the same way the Incas did, but for the human sacrifice and all.

They ate all kinds of odd things, placenta being one. Guinea pig does NOT taste like chicken. I was a macribiotic vegetarian when I left the US. Imagine pilling the head of a sheep out of a pot of soup. When I say head I mean; EYES, BRAINS, EARS, TEETH, TOUNGUE.... all of it. It was a specialty made IN MY HONOR with a special black potato.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

How about some Chewties?

Yum yum yum. Snack you later....

• anewme
    anewme

My my, it really is true-----we Americans are soooooo out of touch with the reality (and the spirituality) of the rest of the world.

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate
    My my, it really is true-----we Americans are soooooo out of touch with the reality (and the spirituality) of the rest of the world.

yes we are....sad to admit I could not stomach the soup. Oh maaaan you should have seen the nasty full bodied funky deep fried frilly Andean lake FROGS which they ate all of it but the guts. I got a picture of that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit