Eat a Placenta?

by skeeter1 33 Replies latest social entertainment

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Imagine, you are Tom Cruise/Chruch of Scientology publicist. You have a public relations problem - the public thinks Tom & his group are wacked out, cult members.

Then, Tom Cruise says to a reporter that he's ready to eat the placenta of his new child after it births.

LOL! Hello! This really helps the Church of Scientology/Tom's next movie's popularity.

I realize that today's fathers don't want to wait in a waiting room with a cigar. They want to enjoy & coach the Mrs. (or Miss) through it ...but to eat a placenta? Isn't that a bit gross, canabalistic, and downright . I can't imagine knowing that my father ate my mother's placenta! I can't imagine even imagining that it was "ok" to eat a placenta.

Tom Cruise did "back down" from his statement after it hit google. Sorry, but Tom Cruise is not the same man he was in Top Gun. I am not seeing any more of his movies. Sorry Tom, but the aliens are not crawling over your skin anymore...they seeped into your brain and are sucking every nerve connection out.

Skeeter.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Why let this valuable organ go to waste, when there is mom's special tasty lasagna to be made?

Placentophagia (or placentaphagia) is the practice of consuming the placenta. Many mammals naturally eat the placenta soon after birth and it is also practiced in some traditional cultures. Preparations vary, including eating raw slivers, recipes such as lasagna, soups, stews etc., or medicinal pills and concoctions. The placenta can be eaten by the mother and/or saved for the child (after introduction of solids). The most beneficial times for the mother are shortly after childbirth or during times of tiredness or energy deficiency. For the child perhaps at times of energy deficiency or perhaps consider before the 7 & 8 year cycles of growth (7, 14 etc for girls, 8, 16 etc. for boys). Why Eat Placenta?

There are many benefits to eating placenta and although it is not well documented in Western society it is has been used as a medicine in China for many years. In fact, the placenta is quite sort after, being included in pharmacological preparations to treat infertility, chronic fatigue syndrome and a variety of other diseases. Placenta is bought from young, healthy women then tested and treated accordingly. Why let this valuable organ go to waste?

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Well, call me "John Boy" for not being a cultural savvy person.....I'm sure the placenta "tastes like chicken" and with a little garlic and butter sauce can be served in fancy plates like snails.

I'll stick to frog legs and gator tail, thank you very much.

Skeeter

• Makena1
    Makena1

LOL - I have two placenta stories.

When my daughter was born (had her at home with a midwife - Dr. was LATE!), I was 21, wifey was 20. We went through all the birthing classes except the last one where they taught what to do if the baby arrives early and you have to do it on your own! yikes.

Meanwhile, mother in law arrives to help out a few hours later to check in, cook us dinner etc.. She is a great cook, and usually uses a pressure cooker. A few minutes I hear a scream "What is in this pot???""""

Oh noooooooooooooo!! I thought.

• Confession
    Confession

This reminds me of an experience I had a bit over a year ago. A woman I work with in a traveling weekend job was making it quite clear that she was interested in me romantically. She knocked on my hotel room door around 10pm one evening and invited herself in.

In the first fifteen minutes of our conversation, she made reference to her uterus no less than three times. She discussed her uterine, fibroid tumors, described her last pregnancy in which she pulled the infant out of her birth canal herself, and--you guessed it--recounted the way she prepared and ate part of her own placenta thereafter.

This may be the only time I ever shyed away from an otherwise attractive woman's advances.

• moanzy
    moanzy

Oh MY God!!

These people aren't excited about the new baby!! It's the great meal after. eewee

Moanzy

• free2beme
    free2beme

Actually, after the crap he pulled with South Park, I do not plan to see any more of this freaks movies. MI3 could be the best thing since sliced bread, but I will ignore it. Plus, that woman looks like she is on some drug or something and it looks as phony as hell.

• oldflame
    oldflame

When my now ex wife and I had our son, we had a mid wife. He was born in the same bed he was conceived. When the placenta came out the mid wife took it into the kitchen and was washing it under the water. She called me into the kitchen and asked me if she could have it. I gladly said sure it was pretty gross looking. Looked like liver and I hate liver ! I said what the heck would you want that for ?

She said she wanted it for her birthing classes and that some people eat it. You know I was fine with it all until the eating it was said. I puked right there. The thought of eating the placenta did not sound right to me, I mean c'mon who in their right mind would eat human guts or any guts as far as that goes.

I swear I had nightmares afterwards for a long time thinking about people who eat other peoples guts...LOL

• free2beme
    free2beme

It is not something that seems natural to me. I remember once a friend mentioned that when he killed his first deer, he was forces to bite the heart and I thought that was something only in Hollywood and not real. I was sickt think of that too.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

"it is has been used as a medicine in China for many years."
    Well, I couldn't imagine a better reccomendation than this. Because we all know how well ground-up tiger penises are as an aphrodesiac!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit