So, why did I meet with the elders?

by lola28 54 Replies latest jw friends

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

You did the right thing for YOU at the time....I think it shows what your made of, being considerate of others feelings, not just your own.

Swalker

• oldflame
    oldflame
    lola, I can't find fault with someone who does something out of love for another. I think to do so would be heartless on my part. Those ladies should feel glad that someone loves them such as you do.

To each their own I guess. The watch towerites say they do this out of love of God, so whats the difference ? Ya get what you give.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Hi Lola, you've gone up in my estimation.

• atypical
    atypical

Lola, it sounds like you did great to me. You are no longer doing what other people think you should do - You are deciding based on what you think is right. I could only wish that everybody could make that much progress. All my best to you.

• lola28
    lola28

Thank you Atypical, hey have I told you that your avatar is really cute?

lola

• atypical
    atypical

Thanks - it looks cuter than my real mug!!

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

heres my honest opinion of what you did...

it is not what i would have done... but there is no need for you to run around rationalizing it hun... you did what you felt was right... you did what you think you should have done... no one, and i mean NO ONE has any right to criticize you for doing what you think isright... no matter what they would have done or not done... because we all live with different circumstances and different priorities... good on you for doin what you thought you should... (yes i know i used that phrase like 500 times, but im tired ok???

the infamous one

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Well done (((((((((((((lola)))))))))))))

Excellent result - so you are still in the driver seat of your own destiny - wonderfull

• Cognitive_Dissident
    Cognitive_Dissident

I can totally understand why you did it exactly the way that you did. I believe that there is a difference between the elder body/organization as a whole and the individuals in it who are actually doing what they believe to be right. If I could go in and tell the elders that I know to shove their little legalistic manuals where the sun doesn't shine and not have to worry about the fallout and subsequent passive agression that would be visited on my family, I would do it in a heartbeat. But that's not the reality of my situation, or yours from the sound of it. So as it sits, I have absolutely no problem lying to a bunch of clueless, lying bastards in order to prevent the truth from being used maliciously against myself and those that I care about.

well done,
    CD

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Good on you girl, I'm glad it went well. Now about that successful fade; if you really want to pull it off, do try to avoid making contact with the elders!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit