So, why did I meet with the elders?

by lola28 54 Replies latest jw friends

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

Hugs to you Lola, I'm proud of you, think you did completely the right thing and exactly what I would have done and will do in your position.

You dont owe anything to the religion, you are not making a stand by DA.. they'll just think you have done something wrong and are too gutless to face the committee..

By fading you can still have association with all those people and how do you know that you may do what the apostle paul said!!

(1 Corinthians 9:22) To the weak I became weak, that I might gain the weak. I have become all things to people of all sorts, that I might by all means save some. . .

Poppy xxxx

• Honesty
    Honesty

(((((Lola))))

I hope you can fade without any problems. Be careful about the things you have learned about the Watchtower that you share with your JW friends.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    I know that many of you will not understand why I would lie to spare the feelings of people that would shun me simply for having a different view point,

I do, because I would - probably.. It is easy for those who are totally out, to be able turn around and say Fxxx em! . But life is not always as easy as that. Sometimes things are not black and white , but shades of grey. Anyway your comments do seem to me to be outright lies. If a witness was being questioned, they would call it Theocratic Strategy

Go your own way and in the manner that you chose..

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

(((Lola))) I figured you had good cause to lie and cover your tracks. and I think your lying to the elders for the sake of love is the most honourable thing you could have done. Give them a taste of their own ... erm ... medicine (hogswallop brand cough syrup...) and not cause further pain to those who took you in. Besides, a JC is so damned invaisive and it's none of their business!

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Lola - you had the courage and strength that many people (including those of us here) do not have. You should be commended for having a position and sticking to it regardless of how people react. Each person is responsible for taking their own steps in life and I doubt for those who were critical of you that they would have showed the same strength you showed. I hope the very best for you and your future endevors.

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

((((Lola))))

I'm not at all surprised that you did whatever you felt you had to do to spare those you care about, because you're a sweetie!!! Good for you, Lola. I hope the rest of your fade goes like you want it to.

GGG

• daystar
    daystar

Were I in your situation, I would have taken a different route. But you must follow your heart.

I personally have found that belying your own sense of well-being or your own integrity, in large things, for the sake of someone else's feelings, is a hard and sad path to follow.

One must live their lives for themselves and those who truly rely upon them (children for example).

I've quoted this before and I'm sure it won't be the last time:

This above all: to thine own self be true,
    And it must follow, as the night the day,
    Thou canst not then be false to any man.
    Farewell; my blessing season this in thee!

http://www.cs.rice.edu/~ssiyer/minstrels/poems/1204.html

• lola28
    lola28

OMG, GGG!

Thank you so much, that means a lot coming from you! It is always nice to see you around, I've missed you!

lola

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

I'm happy that you did what you had to. If you need anything - We're here hon.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

(((((((((Lola)))))))))))) I'm so so proud of you, Lola, it couldn't have been easy to face the brothers like you did. You must have some relatively nice brothers because I think if I said those things, my brothers would try to find a reason to DF me. You are acting like a true Christian to protect the feelings of those you love even though you know they wouldn't do the same.

Love,

GG/BG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit