So, why did I meet with the elders?

by lola28 54 Replies latest jw friends

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

You did what you felt was the best thing. How can anyone argue with that. We each bear the responsibility for our own decisions. Good luck to you.

• daystar
    daystar

Van Gogh

You and I will have to resign to disagree then.

As far as those others are concerned, our exit is considered to be far from honorable.
    I consider the individual to be the only judge of what is honorable or not. I care not one whit for what others think and refuse to live my life overly concerning myself with such. Beyond that, birds of a feather will flock together.
  • jojochan
    jojochan
    I know that many of you will not understand why I would lie to spare the feelings of people that would shun me simply for having a different view point, and all I can say is that I'm not like them. I won't cause anyone I love pain if I can avoid it, even when I know that they won't do the same for me. I hope you understand but if you don't that's okay. I did what I thought was best.

Lola28...I understand, in fact I know that THAT is what I will face pretty soon as well.

I understand.

jojochan.

• codeblue
    codeblue

(((Lola)))

I am glad the elder's meeting went well for you!

I don't think anyone here should make you feel bad for a decision "that works for you". WE don't walk in your shoes, only you do.

I am a successful fader of 3 years. Yes, fading has anxiety, but it's an anxiety that I can live with, and only I know what is best for me.

Take care!

Codeblue

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Lola

You did what was kind for your friends and right for you. You don't owe anyone an explanation, not the elders or anyone on this forum.

Cog

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit