SHUNNED FATHER DEATHSUIT AGAINST THE WATCHTOWER - UPDATE

by SHUNNED FATHER 110 Replies latest jw friends

• Bryan
    Bryan

I sent Laurence some cash through PayPal last time he requested. After speaking with several well known members here, I'm sending Laurence a hundred dollars. I'm telling you this because I think as we see more posters helping out, others will feel comfortable following along and donating. As one members here told me, if he loses this case it could set a very bad precedence for the future.

Don't forget his loss. Not only losing his daughter, but he had to fight Goliath to try and keep her alive.

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

If i get a hold of any money i will donate also.-Danny Haszard Bangor Maine

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I have been following this story with great interest, I read a great article about him and his battle with the WTS in the Toronto Star around two months ago. I thought I kept it but I can't find it but it was a good well written article

I wish Lawrence all the very best and hopes he wins his law suit against that infamous organization.

Please know that if I could I would donate but due to circumstances in my life right now that is not possible. Perhaps someday I could help but in the meantime please accecpt my thoughts and prayers.

as always

love

Orangefatcat.

• Bryan
    Bryan

bttt

• just2sheep
    just2sheep

hubert,

you said,"don't believe everything you read in the newspapers". you meant this as a joke right? you mean we are to ignore all of danny's news updates? or did you mean, don't believe everything you read in the newspapers that doesn't put the wtb&ts in a bad light?

iw,

having presented your arguments and found the futility of trying to convince the jwd elders, all those appointed to spread the good news of being an x, that not everyone who is against the society is for us, you can move on with a clear conscience. i have gone through lawrence hughes posts and i am hard pressed to find anything he has ever posted that wasn't a request for funds, make of that what you will...

to the "they don't agree with me, they must be wt spies" mob,

if i dissagree with you does that make me an apostate apostate? most people on this forum are used to dealing with wild, unsubstatuated accusations as answers to questions...we don't like it from the wtb&ts and we don't like it from you. if the only answer you have to a question is "you are watchtower scum of the earth", then you don't have an answer. and truthfully doesn't that sound more like org think than anything iw has posted?

j2s

• jgnat
    jgnat

you said,"don't believe everything you read in the newspapers". you meant this as a joke right? you mean we are to ignore all of danny's news updates? or did you mean, don't believe everything you read in the newspapers that doesn't put the wtb&ts in a bad light?

I don’t think it is a joke. I don’t take Danny’s news reports as gospel either. Everything we read should be evaluated objectively and measured against other evidence. My statement stands. Island Woman’s questions are biased and do not represent the facts fairly. I also doubt she is a GB plant.

The Watchtower society says, “Don’t believe the Media as they are influenced by Satan.” I say, “Take all you read with a grain of salt. Consider the motive of the source. Read from a variety of sources. Has any critical information been left out? Why?”

http://www.criticalthinking.org/TGS_files/SAM-MediaBias.pdf

• SHUNNED FATHER
    SHUNNED FATHER

Thankyou for your comments and staying focused on this issue and not being sidetracted. I just want to thank jgnat for the list of points in this case that he listed. I just want to clear up a few points. Please remember that I have to be very carefull what I say as the WTS is reading this.

The Judge revoked the Order for Bethany to receive blood transfusions based on the sole testimony of a doctor Coppes. Bethany had developed skin cancer. The day before, Dr. Coppes called me into his office and told me that the lesions on Bethany's back was cancerous and could be treated with Radiation and that Chemo and blood transfusions were not necessary and that the skin cancer was not life threatening. The very next day the doctor makes a 180 degree change and says Bethany has less than a 10% chance, minute chance of recovery. I asked the doctor for a second opinion and he said there was no time for a second opinion. Dr. Coppes tells the Court that he was in contact with Dr. Arceci, the World Expert in Pediatric Oncology and that Dr. Arceci agreed with his prognosis and recommended only Paliative Care. On this testimony, the Judge revoked the Order.

I have been in contact with Dr. Arceci and Dr. Arceci told me that Dr. Coppes never contacted him about the skin cancer and that if he had contacted him, he would never had recommended Paliative Care but would have recommended a standard treatment protocol different from the treatment Bethany had received and Dr. Arceci estimates that Bethany's chance of survival would have been as much as 50%. Dr. Arceci also said that Arsenic is not a treatment for AML Subtype M1 and would have not offered Bethany any chance of a cure and would have killed her. So. Dr. Coppes lied to the Judge.

Bethany was considered a Mature Minor for only the period when she was first admitted to the hospital. Once the WTS Lawyers and Elders started pressuring her, she was not considered a Mature Minor and not capable from that point onwards of making an informed decision or being able to exercise her own free will. The Judge refused to hear her testimony at that point.

I hope this clears up a few things/ Lawrence

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Lets not lose sight of the reason for this appeal. It is not about the rights or wrongs of Bethany's alternative treatment. It is not about the human judgements and actions that Shunned Father made at any particular time. it is not even hitting back at her poor Mother who also lost a daughter. - and it is not a bad thing, in my view to debate the rights or wrongs of supporting the appeal.

It is a Civil Suit against the Watchtower Society for the "Wrongful death of Bethany hughes" We are told that it will go to trial If 10K can be raised . This is kicking ass at the WTC .. A trial means PUBLICITY . Who knows who may read of it and decide not to take a study.

Bethany is an icon , representing all the kids and adults who have lost their lives through the half baked teachings of the Borg

• dwarfw
    dwarfw

I too shall donate. I assume that a check from a U.S. bank is as spendable in Canada as it is in the U.S. Can someone confirm that please.

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

I just saw this forum for the first time. I don't have time to check everyone's claims. I trust Randy to verify the truth of the postings.

First, Zagor, you are right. The GB should be shot for apostasy if they visit websites. They are hypocritical scum. And hello again to Sick of Lies. I'll still punch JR Brown's lights out and take a picture for you, okay?

I lost a wife and daughter to this cult, along with 20 years of my life. I got a degree in Psychology so the book I'm writing will carry more weight. The WT will have trouble fighting people with college degrees. They don't have many in Bethel, I assume. It also puts me in a better position to analyze and critique the entire cult and its motivations.

I will send money when I can, but I am being divorced by my wife and my daughter is still in therapy. Her rape at nine years old has already cost my family a quarter of a million dollars in medical expenses and lost wages from health situations. Within 20 years, if my plans bear fruit, I hope to have a small fortune. I will help Silent Lambs (I'm M.A.N.) and other people here. But for now I have to scrape to get the book written and published. I can hurt the WT very much if I can get on TV. I know the odds of Dr. Phil or Oprah having me on are slim, but I think the topic might be a huge audience maker. At least I hope so.

I wish everyone well and good health to all of you. MAN

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit