SHUNNED FATHER DEATHSUIT AGAINST THE WATCHTOWER - UPDATE

by SHUNNED FATHER 110 Replies latest jw friends

• Zorna
    Zorna

I decided to do some research on this story. I discovered that Mr. Hughes story is half true.
    Yes the JW's told Bethany not to take the blood transfusions and she did refuse them. However the Canadian government made Bethany ward of the state and forced blood transfusions upon her. After intensive chemotherapy and blood transfusions, she still did not get better. She then went to the US where she was in a clinic and recieved alternative cancer treatment. She stated that she was feeling better. At some point she ended going up to Edmonton and dying there after a relapse.
    I have read many posts by Mr. Hughes on many message boards and one of them even states that the JW's put Bethany in hiding and gave her a treatment of orange juice and arsenic. I dont know if she recieved OJ and arsenic as part of her alternative treatment, but I do not believe the JW's gave it to her. Reason being if you read the articles attached to the web address at the bottom, you'll see that the court has repeatedly denied Mr. Hughes lawsuit against the JW's. The courts decision has been that Mr. Hughes may sue the two JW lawyers that told her to not take blood, but he can not sue the JW's due to the fact that the court can not decide religous dogma is wrong. They have no authority there due to freedom of religion. If the JW's had personally given Bethany OJ and arsnec rather than a medical professional, they would be criminally liable for dispensing medical care without a license and possibly contributing to her death.
    Sorry Mr. Hughes but I agree with Bethany's lawyer, you taught her the religion and now you want to blame the religion for her following it? She did recieve the transfusions and it didn't save her life. It's a terrible tragedy and I'm sorry for your pain. As to the divorce, my father also was shunned by the JW's and lost everything he owned and even lost his job. No one in the family would talk to him, etc. You're not alone in this.

http://www.watchtowerinformationservice.org/index.php/tag/Bethany+Hughes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit