Intro

by mavie 71 Replies latest jw friends

• breeze
    breeze

Mavie...

I am also repulsed somewhat by the attitude of many on this site. I read it almost everyday, but rarely post. Your situation has moved me to post. I am truely sorry that you have these problems. You will get no help from the elders. Meeting with them will only lead to more frustration on your part. They only see your problems with the WTBTS blinders on, if your problems interfere with the preaching work they will by their duties act accordingly.

If you want to stay in the TRUTH, you should stay away from this site. Much of what is published here will make you change your open mindedness??

My brother is gay and was disfellowshipped many years ago. The elders do not have any training in any areas but the brainwashed TRUTH. They didn't even try to help him they just kicked him out. Looking back I know they had no choice, by the bylaws and rules.

The next thing thet will happen to you and your wife is since you turned in no time for a month you are now inactive and they can take away your Kingdom Ministry and many of your priviliges as a MS. They only know these rules.

If you are truly openminded look into the beginings of the WTBTS as they do in their publications on all issues. There are many sites and information on how the WTBTS began on the internet.

I was involved with the WTBTS for nearly sixty years, and I never could do enough to keep them from looking down their noses at me.

BREEZE

• James Free
    James Free

From "Does God Really Care About Us":

How can it be further determined who the people are that God is using as the foundation for his new world? Well, who fulfill Jesus' words at John 13:34, 35 ? He stated: "I am giving you a new commandment, that you love one another; just as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love among yourselves." Jehovah's Witnesses believe Jesus' words and act on them. As God's Word instructs, they "have intense love for one another." ( 1 Peter 4:8 ) In addition, they "clothe [themselves] with love, for it is a perfect bond of union." ( Colossians 3:14 )

Ask yourself honestly, are these statements about the Org. true? Do the 'brothers' have 'intense love for one another'?

If you have not had that experience, and do not find those with whom you associate to be like that, full of loving concern for you and your wife, you may conclude it is a local problem. Surely, the Org. is loving, it's just a local problem? Unfortunately, evidence shows that there are big problems relating to the personal application of love amongst the Witnesses, in congregations throughout the world. Sure, they don't kill each other, but what about on a personal level?

It may interest you to know that cases of clinical depression are common within the organization. The WT recognizes it, and claims it is because of the pressure put on faithful ones in the 'time of the end'. However, many have found that this is not the reason. They have found it is the culture of judgement within the Org., having to live up to the expectations of others within the congregations, feeling the need to explain every missed meeting or why you are no longer pioneering, that brings on the depression.

John 13:34,35 are very important verses. They are Jesus' own words. He tells you that you don't have to get involved with doctrinal discussion, consider 'logical' explanations, prove or disprove the Trinity in order to determine who are his disciples. Rather, he says you should look for the 'love among yourselves'.

The Org. tries to explain away people's actual experience of lack of love within the congregations by mentioning disaster support etc. What they forget to mention is that after 9/11 or Katrina, there were HUNDREDS of organizations and THOUSANDS of individuals who did what they could to help. Clearly, Christ meant more than that, more than basic humanitarian aid. That's why the bible goes further, talking about 'intense love'.

And, you won't find that in your congregation. So what does that tell you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit