Intro

by mavie 71 Replies latest jw friends

• mavie
    mavie

Hello from mavie.

Currently happily married for a number of years to a great JW wife, I currently serve as an MS in our local KH. My wife and I have been told we are pillars in the congregation. So why am I posting here? I don't want to give away too many details for fear of reprisal, so this will have to suffice.

My wife has a mental illness which will be with her the rest of her life, clinical depression. She is getting as much help as possible for this, in the form or pills, doctors, friends and family. Occasionally, her fits of depression will become so great I need to stay home from the meetings and field service to be with her. One recent month, I missed the majority of meetings and field service to be home with her in order to prevent her from having anxiety attacks and possibly harming herself.

To make a long story short, my wife and I have felt ostracized in the congregation. I have a number of responsibilities within the congregation I enjoy fulfilling, yet wasn't able to the month my wife was feeling bad. Instead of support, I get elders telling me to never do that again, elders telling me to leave my ill wife home to come to meeting.

Anyways, after this began happening I began to wonder about a number of things, ultimately leading me to this site. I don't put faith in 99.9% of the 'truth about the truuf' posted here. Most of it is infantile garbage. Most of the ad hominem attacks on this board are childish and plain stupid.

So why am I posting here?

• zeroday
    zeroday

First you need to ask yourself one question. How are the Elders in your hall qualified to professionally address your wife's medical problems or your need to help her. Then ask yourself why do you want our opinions.

• EAGLE-1
    EAGLE-1

To post garbage???

• kid-A
    kid-A

I don't put faith in 99.9% of the 'truth about the truuf' posted here. Most of it is infantile garbage. Most of the ad hominem attacks on this board are childish and plain stupid.

Interesting. The truth about the truth you are referring to is substantiated by the words of the watchtower. I think if you come here with an open mind instead of wearing the watchtower "blinders" that have

been implanted in your brain you will realize that 99.9% of the garbage you have been taught by the watchtower society is a pile of shit. You faithfully served your organization only to have them spit on you and betray your trust when you failed to live up to their ridiculous, man-made ideals of religious servitude. I think the words of Trent Reznor will sum up your present situation perfectly:

"Bow down before the one you serve......you're going to get what you deserve......"

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

Welcome Mavie - so why are you posting here????????

I hope you get whatever it is you came here for.

-freedomlover

• mavie
    mavie

kid-A, I should qualify what I mean.

Without getting into the details, many of the claims made against the WTBTS do have logical explanations. Please don't ask me to post it tonight, I'm tired and I have college work to complete.

I do apologize for the ad hominem attack in a rant about the same thing. Could have phrased it better. What I was trying to get across is that attacking a person or an organization in order to 'prove' something doesn't work.

Finally, I don't believe I have 'blinders' on. I'm just not quick to jump to conclusions based on one month of searching. Surely you understand that.

• blondie
    blondie

So you came for the .1%?

A big .1%...............lack of love for your wife and you.............they are willing for you to leave her home and perhaps kill herself..........what love!

I left because of the lack of love I saw for 50 years in 20 congregations, in 10 states and 3 countries.

You don't have to agree with us 100% for us to care about what happens to you and your wife.

Welcome, and I hope you find what you need.

Blondie

• garybuss
    garybuss

I might have a guess why your wife is depressed.

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

Mavie. First of all welcome to the forum. You will find many good people here willing and able to provide the direction for you to find the answers. I am sorry for your wife's illness but am glad that you are caring for her needs. I hope your job is Non-JW affiliated. This will make any future transitions easier. The more you care for your wife the more the elders will harrass you. Shortly they will hint that she is harming your spirtuality by your continuing to care for her needs and failing to care for the needs of the congregation. Keep us up to date as you can. Good luck.

• mavie
    mavie

You know gary, after my wife stopped pioneering recently, she said she started to feel better. She also mentioned her depression intensified when she began pioneering.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit