Something I want to tell you apostates part II

by LeftBehind 62 Replies latest jw friends

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

Congratulations. You chose freedom and truth! Not as easy as it sounds.

Now if you want to help your family, I would recommend being very patient (not easy since you are about to explode), and learn about cults.

There are a couple of books by Steven Hassan, Releasing the Bonds, and Combatting Cult Mind Control. They will help you to understand what happened to you and get rid of any latent cult thinking, guilt, and fear. They will also help you understand how best to help your family.

Until you understand mind control, the truth of the org won't matter to your family.

If you are patient you will get to keep both your sanity and your family!!!

CYP

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

LeftBehind,

I too remember your first post. I responded with some pretty coarse, colorful language. I apologize. But I'm glad something got through.

Welcome to the real brotherhood.

And now, to my apostate friends:

This is what we do, and this is why we do it. Good on `ya, mates.

• unique1
    unique1

I am so happy that you have been able to find out the real truth and reconnect with your brother. As far as your family goes, you may want to send them information anomously so you don't jeopardize your fading. I wish you the best in months to come. It will be a tough road, but well worth it.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

(((LeftBehind))),

I will not come back to this board but you apostates need help.

Just think. If you had managed to stay away from that one thread you might have spent your entire life shutting your brother out and lying about us evil "apostates."

I had a feeling we would eventually find out that you actually did the research you said you would do on 607 BC. I cannot tell you how happy I am. If history matters at all to you, if telling truth to people at the door matters at all to you, this is a powerful and painful reality to face up to. When I visited a book store to "fact check" shortly after being shaken by discovering the 10-year long Associate membership to the UN Department of Public Information, the first children's book on history that I opened said that Babylon overthrew Jerusalem in 587 BC. I went whiter-than-usual and had to sit down.

The UN issue was the first thing that I found and it floored me. Really, it doesn't matter why they became an Associate member of the United Nations Department of Public Information, an organization that they say is disapproved by God and that is due for an execution of judgment by him. Read Organized to Accomplish Our Ministry (p. 151, par. 1) and Organized to Do Jehovah's Will (p. 155, par. 2) and you may understand why your brother reacted the way he did.

Every year people are disassociated from Jehovah's Witnesses because they have joined an organization that the Governing Body has labeled "disapproved by God" based on those two references. It is hypocrisy of the worst kind (Romans 2:1, 2) for them to judge someone else as underserving of God's Kingdom, and even undeserving of association with their friends and family, for doing something they themselves are guilty of.

However, if we apply the principle as they apply it, it becomes clear that we should not associate with an organization that chose to join an organization disapproved by God. I am hoping that I can help you understand why this might be such a big deal to your brother. It is a HUGE deal to me. It is a blemish that the Governing Body has said will prevent the 144,000 from being acceptable to God. That is a pretty big deal.

Can you ask your brother whether it would be alright to give me his email address by Private Message? I also have a lot of questions for you, but I will ask them via PM.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• rockhound
    rockhound

LeftBehind,

We all know it is truly a personal "Crisis of Conscious" to make the kind of decisions you have bravely made. It seems that we have to come to the point where we say to ourselves "It's O.K. to do research". Actually give yourself permission, and you will feel better. When my wife and I were where you are at now, we studied 5 - 6 hours a day, seven days a week, for 2 years. We just couldn't get enough information. If I said it to my wife once, I said it a hundred times, "Were Not wrong in doing this". When out in field service, we would invite people to inspect their religion, in hopes that they would study with us. Actually, we were incourageing them to abandon their religion (there by, becoming an" Apostate", by Watchtower definition). Just remember, you did not write all the nonsense in the Watchtower publications, you just discovered it and read it. That does not make you a bad person!!! Nowhere in Scripture are we invited to not use our brain. After reading all that old literature, we concluded that

" The covers of all the societies books are TOO FAR APART".

ROCKHOUND
  • Caedes
    Caedes

welcome to the rest of your life

• beautifulisfree
    beautifulisfree

DEAREST LeftBehind,

I am jumping up and down with joy....we are all so happy when someone breaks free!! I am glad you found out the truth. When you first come out it is a hard battle. It's like starting your life over again. Trying to figure out what you believe in and the emotions you go through are CRAZY but it gets better. Hope your life is full of joy and love and I wish you the best of luck in the future!!

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Wow.

Congrats Leftbehind.

That's a huge step indeed. And it's very kind and brave of you to let us know about it. Tells us a lot about the value of this board, even (perhaps especially) in its most painful threads.

Best wishes to you and your family.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Welcome to JWD and the best of your life leftbehind!

no longer consider myself to be a Jehovahs Witness. It's been a very short time but I cannot imagine going back. I credit this board with opening my eyes. I read every post to me and am extremely glad that I did.

I got goosebumps when I read that!

I'm so proud to be a part of JWD and the guys and gals here really know their stuff and do a great job at showing others the 'truth about the troof'™.

yay WTS another one bites the dust...........

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Wow! That is totally amazing! Ain't it grand what access to information can do? Congrats Leftbehind on waking up.

Josie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit