Something I want to tell you apostates part II

by LeftBehind 62 Replies latest jw friends

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

*It's been a very short time but I cannot imagine going back.*

WOOWZER!! Welcome leftbehind. I had the same thing happen to me. I started with the 607 stuff and within 6 weeks I was totally gone. I was so shocked at how fast it all happened for me. I'm so happy for you and your brother. Lean on him for support right now. Your life is on a whole new path, a MUCH BETTER path. Hang in there, and just sit back and see what happens as far as the DFing thing goes. You may not have to take any action whatsoever.

-freedomlover

• New Worldly Translation
    New Worldly Translation

Congratulations Leftbehind

Like others have said seeing the truth about the 'Truth' can send your mind in a spin. It can be a tough journey but it is extremely liberating on a personal and intellectual level. It can be tempting to tell everything you have found out straight away to your family and friends but that can often make them overly defensive. Sometimes the softly, softly approach is best especially if your not ready to be DF'd. It's good you have your brother to discuss things with because I know for myself and other people on the board who are the only family members out of the org this board is one of the only outlets to talk about things.

I would encourage your further research into the Old Testament and New Testament scriptures. There's some very interesting and eye-opening information to be found about the historicity and origins of Hebrew and later Christian beliefs.

• undercover
    undercover

Congratulations on finding your freedom.

I'm glad that you didn't take us at our word, but researched on your own. That's the only way to decide what you think is right or wrong, not by accepting what a third party has to say, whether it be the WTS or a message board group.

I too am a fader, so I know the pressures you are feeling. Stick around and read the experiences of everyone. This place is like a big support group. You'll see all types here, from the quiet fader to the militant apostate who likes to get in the WTS face. The beauty of it is that we are free; free to think what we want, free to believe what we want; free to express ourselves.

Good luck on your new journey.

• Mary
    Mary
    At first I thought I was going to lose my mind but I have adjusted

Welcome to the club.......that's exactly how I felt when I first discovered that this wasn't The Truth......I was broken hearted, stunned, angry, sad, confused-----you name it.

If you want to avoide being DF'd, then just don't ask any questions........if they want to meet with you, tell them 'no'. You're under no obligation to.

• uninformed
    uninformed

Leftbehind,

Congratulations!

Makes me happy to hear that you researched this stuff out and came to the same conclusion that I did.

I don't know how long you were a witness, but leaving is not a quick-fix. There is still a lot of pain in your future, sometimes I still have sad attacks and cry, and I'm mad.

Pretty soon, you probably won't care what they do with you. Our elders just left us alone after about 3 meetings and several letters to the WT. I wish the best for you.

u

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

LeftBehind- I read what you had written before when you wrote it. To tell you the truth I wanted so badly to tell you something to help the way you were feeling. I could see the anger and hurt all over your post. But I was a bit stumped on what to say.

I am not ata ll stumped on saying well hello now!! It is a truly a brand new day. You will have up days and down, but if you need to talk, all of us are here. Don't dwell on the down too long. It makes your new life a little long if you do. Enjoy time with your brother and welcome!

• Legolas
    Legolas

Leftbehind....I am so glad that the 'scales' fell off your eyes and that you are talking to your brother again!

And I hope that the rest of your family will see that the WT is nothing but a lying man made organization!

Just hang in there!

• xjwms
    xjwms

Congrats Left behind

Heres one that I like

The Watchtower...August 1, 2002.....Page 14 .... par 22

"No organization directed by humans can be perfect"

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

Congratulations LeftBehind, when the shackels start to fall off your mind life seems much more pleasant. Don't ever give that freedom away.The power the elders hold will seem less and less each day. Eventually, they will seem comical to you, like little children tugging at your pant legs. The only one you need to worry about pleasing is Jesus Christ, Christianity really is that simple.

• jaredg
    jaredg

CONGRATS LBH!!! threads like this one are why i love this place!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit