In your family, how many of the grown up children are still in?

by els 25 Replies latest jw friends

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Two of us are out. (me and my brother) Two of us are in. (my two sisters) -ithinkisee

• Champion
    Champion

My immediate family consisted of Dad (1965-85 cong servant/PO removed because of my disfellowshipping) Mom, 3 older brothers and myself.

On Long Island "big deal"(what a joke) JW family. Brothers all pioneers, yady yady... Today Mom died (no blood) Dad a MS again 2 brothers out plus me. 1 brother just removed as an elder.

Out of 6 only 2 still in.

• Jankyn
    Jankyn

My family: myself and two brothers, all never baptized.

Cousins, family W: one son (DF'd), one daughter (in & active, won't speak to DF'd family members).

Cousins, family C: one son (DF'd), two daughters (DF'd), one daughter (never baptized).

Cousins, family M: three daughters (all never baptized).

My great-grandmother became a "Bible Student" back in the early '20s. My parents' generation, the third JW generation, has seven living members; three are still JWs (but one of them, my uncle, has Alzheimer's). Of my JW generation, the fourth, of the twelve living members, one is still active. And in the fifth JW generation, my nieces and nephews, of 28 people, one is an active JW.

Even if you can't follow the 607 to 1914 math, that's an easy sum to get. An incredible decrease in numbers.

Of course, just doing the math doesn't include all the heartache caused by shunning.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

In my family, I'm very happy to say, a big fat ZERO! Out of 4 kids none are jws. Though my parents are still holding out hope that we'll come back.

Josie

• caligirl
    caligirl

I am proud to say a big fat ZERO!

All 3 of us have run screaming from it all and never looked back.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

My great-grandfather was the first Bible Student/JW in our family. I think he died believing he might well be one of those "millions now living" who "will never die."

Of his 4 kids only 1 became a JW, my grandfather, along with his wife and 2 kids. My grandfather (an elder) and grandmother (92 years old) both died faithful.

My uncle (an elder) died a faithful JW. His wife and 5 kids, my cousins, are all gung-ho JWs (elders, pioneers), as are all their kids, so far. Really nice folks, too.

I don't have the stats on my dad's side of the family. Some in, some out.

My father was a JW but stopped believing in a loving God and killed himself when he was sick. My step-father was a non-practicing JW with mental problems. He is also deceased. My mother is still a faithful JW. I am an only child and I am DFed.

I have a foster-sister who is a JW, as is her second husband. Of her 5 kids only 1 or 2 are JWs as far as I know. I have 2 half-brothers who were never JWs and 2 step-siblings who were never JWs.

~Merry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit