In your family, how many of the grown up children are still in?

by els 25 Replies latest jw friends

• els
    els

I am the youngest of 6 children (the only on that is out)and between us we have 12 kids. The last I knew only one was still attending meetings. Two others were never baptized and see my parents once in a great while. Seven are DF'd or DA'd and my two were never baptized and want nothing to do with my family. Not much of a legacy for a family that has been Witnesses for 45 years. I am so grateful that I am close to my kids. Nothing they could ever do could make me reject them. I pity my parents, they have no relationship with any of their grandchildren. els

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Hi els,

I have an older sister and two older brothers, all raised JW, but never baptized, and all stopped attending meetings as soon as they could and left home. I have a younger brother and sister, my younger brother goes from time to time, not regularly (been df'd twice) and my younger sister attends when she can (illness) but from what I understand listens in on the phone pretty regularly.

BB

• theredhead
    theredhead

Four siblings including my self, and none of us are in the borg. any longe r=)-

• limbogirl
    limbogirl

there are 6 of us altogether between mom and step-dad....NONE of us are in. All but one baptized.

• blondie
    blondie

3 out, 2 in.

• LeftBehind
    LeftBehind

There is 5 of us. My brother and I are the only ones out. I am not officially yet.

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

I'm the third (wouldn't you know) of six raised as JWs. All of us were baptized. One is still in but I don't know how strong. Of the third generation, (12) two minors still attend one with my one bother and his wife and one with a sister-in-law. One or maybe two of my oldest brother's kids were baptized but they are out now.

4 out of 18 (kids and grandkids) are not very good numbers for our former model JW family.

• orbison11
    orbison11

of four children one is still in:)

orbi

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

There are 5 of us, 4 baptized, 1 not, all were raised in it, and we are all out, though not officialy. From my side of the family cousins that I can think of, from 6 that were raised in it, 4 got baptized but only 2 remain in. The from my husband there were 6 raised in it, 5 got baptized, only 2 remain also. I guess it's a good indication of were this religion is heading !!!!

IC

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

One brother and one mother still in. Three sisters OUT! Game, Apostates!

Probably could quicken their exit with a chair, some duct tape and a thick telephone book but the subtle approach will have to do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit