Strange but TRUE

by KW13 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gregor
    Gregor

Hey, If nothing else is available a pair of panties works in a pinch.

This female paranoia from the Old Testament/Taliban mentality was highlighted when, many years ago, the sisters were allowed to give presentations in the Theocratic Ministry School if it was acted out as though they were talking to another woman (aka, 'stooge") on the platform.

• Gregor
    Gregor

When I was an elder I remember an older elder (more elderly elder?) who, whenever a problem was brought up in an elders meeting involving a sister would gently shake his head and murmer "ahh, daughters of Eve...daughters of Eve"

• robhic
    robhic

I was raised catholic and not JW. Until (I think) the mid-sixties all females had to wear some type of head-covering when in church itself. Most of the ladies opted for a scarf or veil of some type. Especially popular was a gauzy, open-weave black veil reminiscent of a Latin dancer. Pretty but all this excitement about a head-cover seemed so stupid to me. (Still does.)

But ....... in a clutch you could whip out a kleenex (which my poor mother often did) or some other emergency head covering. Sad.

• mathead
    mathead

The next time I want respect out of jehoover I'll tell him not to bring a tsunami

The jehoovers are realestate vacuums

Don't get sucked in by a jehoover

j edgar hoover?? NO ..jehoover

jehoover sucks so does electrolux

those jehoovers are suckers

the jehoovers are wind bags

jehoovers will blow you away

Invite a witness in and you will have a jehoover on your carpet

jehoovers filter out apostate dirt

jehoovers keep the borg clean

jehoovers sweep it under the carpet

The jehoovers bagged another

The bethel jehoovers pull it by hand

yawn

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

It's really sad.

It's a demeaning tradition.

• truckerann
    truckerann

Oh my GAWD!!!!!! Probably wearing Scooby Doo underpants and carrying a Power Rangers bookbag. "stop the car, sisters...I've got to go pee-pee!"

This is to funny!!!!! LOL....but just as the thread is titled, "Strange, but TRUE" The problem is when the little shit starts acting like a Big Shit expecting all the sisters to be submissive to him while he is eating his happy meal....

• Woofer
    Woofer

My sister was a regular pioneer and remember her putting on the head covering when no brothers showed up to meet for field service.

Thanks for the funny memory!

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

lol @ matt .. well, Jehovah wanted 'a people for his name™' now he's got 'em

seductive hypnotic watchtower sentences 101:

"'Knowing God's name' means more than merely having head knowledge of the fact that his name is Jehovah

Jehovah's name is 'majestic, great, fear-inspiring and unreachably high.' All of God's purposes are linked to his name"
    Hey, If nothing else is available a pair of panties works in a pinch.

This female paranoia from the Old Testament/Taliban mentality was highlighted when, many years ago, the sisters were allowed to give presentations in the Theocratic Ministry School if it was acted out as though they were talking to another woman (aka, 'stooge") on the platform.

Yes gregor, I remmember the stooge stage
  • Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

yes, Sistas, it is possible to learn godly submission even from a lowly beagle:

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Helpful advice for women from the Official Watchtower website:

Three Ways a Woman Can Improve Her Lot

Hygiene: Use a latrine, and keep it clean and covered. 
    If this is not possible, defecate as far away from your house as possible,
     and bury the excrement immediately.—Compare  Deuteronomy 23:12, 13 . 
    * Jehovah's Witnesses organize free literacy classes as part of their 
    extensive program of Bible education. 

...and ye shall wear head coverings to time indefinite..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit