Strange but TRUE

by KW13 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• KW13
    KW13

its stupid isnt it, women should be seen and not heard. Wearing hats gives them attention!!

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Well they needed a head covering, and unless some one was willing to put their dress over their head to cover it, the best thing was to open a book and cover their head. We thought it was a great idea, solved the prob. Actually, it did not solve the prob. It caused more probs. like most solutions in the org.

• limbogirl
    limbogirl

I remember sister pioneer leading us second class females in prayer before service with either her text book on her head or a napkin she scrounged out of her purse. hadn't thought about that in years!! thanks for the laugh!

• KW13
    KW13

Very sad how these things are done, everything from that to how Women can't do anything but Demonstrations (led by elder or other brother) and of course they have to sit for talks.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

KW - my wife reckoned that not having to stand up and address the audience directly was the only good thing about the patriarchal hierarchy .. that and being able to fein illness to avoid field service (fascinating things women lol).

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I remember a couple of times a cloth diaper was used.

'Jehovah understands that this is all we have. We just have to make do.'

Sheesh. I had <finally!> completely forgotten about those odd moments. Thanks for the embarrassing reminder...!

-Aude.

• luna2
    luna2

I absolutely love the story of a sis using a plastic grocery bag hat. That had to be a riot...although sticking a book on your head is pretty funny too. I'm sure I'd be snickering irreverantly throughout the whole proceedings.

...that and being able to fein illness to avoid field service

Well, duh. Best part of being a woman. Hey, I could feel a genuine headache coming on just thinking about service.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

I know a lot of female JWs that don't mind the not having to give a talk until your are assigned one. It is a lot easier. The problem is when you, as a chick, have the bad manners to question something a bro has said. There was a kid in my old hall that got baptized at 9 and he would go out in service and lead the group. I think it was the most fun I ever had watching this kid be lead to the lions' den. What group of idiots thinks a 9 year can give directions on where to go, he could not figure out the map, let alone figure out how to oraganize a group of rowdy chicks. That is the one thing I can say being in the JW faith as a kid, I laughed a lot! Because it was like idiots on parade. How can you not have fun.

• limbogirl
    limbogirl
    There was a kid in my old hall that got baptized at 9 and he would go out in service and lead the group.

Oh my GAWD!!!!!! Probably wearing Scooby Doo underpants and carrying a Power Rangers bookbag. "stop the car, sisters...I've got to go pee-pee!"

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Uggg... yes, my mom does the same thing.

Paper towels, napkins, you name it... she put it on her head.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit