Strange but TRUE

by KW13 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• KW13
    KW13

ha ha i was laughing just now, had a strange memory.

when stepdad was away and/or when mum was playing the male role of JW Head of household she used to cover her head. Anything...a hat, a scarf, tea towel (NO LIE!!).

This was i think from the reasoning book or something, but yeh...covering her head out of respect for jehovah.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I remember sisters taking wadded up tissues out of their purse, straighting them out and placing them on their head.

lisa

• Quotes
    Quotes

I agree, the tea towel on the head is a joke. I have even seen Kleenex on the head:

"But I have to! This is a sign of respect!!!!"

Now, you lurkers: Imagine if a lawyer (in UK or Canada, where they still wear robes) didn't have his robes, one day, and appeared before the judge wearing a green plastic garbage bag!!!!

"Yes, your honour, I'm wearing this garbage bag out of a sign of respect for the court."

That lawyer would likely be sent home; perhaps charged with Contempt.

~Q

• Quotes
    Quotes

Ug, Lisa. At least the Kleenex-head-scarves I saw were UNUSED. What you saw was much worse.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Hey where do you live? I think we got the same mother. Is she a top heavy blonde who plays a mandolin?

alt

• KW13
    KW13

YES THATS HER but...how...how

• Legolas
    Legolas
    Now, you lurkers: Imagine if a lawyer (in UK or Canada, where they still wear robes) didn't have his robes, one day, and appeared before the judge wearing a green plastic garbage bag!!!!

LMAO!!!!!!

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Hey the sisters in old hall were "talked to" because they did not have a head covering during the service arrangement in the a.m. and they put a book on their head. Of course, someone felt that was inappropriate and ran and told. After that we just did not meet in the morning for the "service arrangement" we would call and say "hey I will meet you here or there" because it became such a hassle. Yup, us second class citizens - heaven forbide women have a voice and use it!

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Theocratic headwear for prayer to Jehovah:

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    Hey the sisters in old hall were "talked to" because they did not have a head covering during the service arrangement in the a.m. and they put a book on their head.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit