Strange but TRUE

by KW13 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• luna2
    luna2

Aww, poor kid. Nothing like feeling as though Jehooberus expects you, a dumb little nine-year old, to conduct the meeting for service and arrange car groups and crap. There are adult brudders I knew who could barely get through it.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Limbogirl - no, I would have preferred that to the whole - he is beyond his 9 years. Blah, blah, blah. I felt sorry for the kid because he never had a childhood.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    its stupid isnt it, women should be seen and not heard.

Whats so stupid about that?

• damselfly
    damselfly

Since we had numerous elderly in the hall there was always a ready supply of these available.

Ditto on the cloth diapers, kleenex, paper towel from the bathroom etc. Since this happened week after week you would think someone would purchase a cute beanie or maybe a jaunty beret for the occasion.

Dams

• limbogirl
    limbogirl

looking_glass:

that truly is sad. I wonder how he reconciles that experience with going to school and having to obey the authority of his presumably female teacher (who doesn't wear a napkin or book on her head when talking to him). Seriously, if I had shown up for service only to be led by a 9 yr old I would have left a lot sooner...completely ridiculous. 9 years old?? still such a baby.

• KW13
    KW13

OMG a 9 year old leading...i'd put him in a bin

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Why don't JW women carry a special Jehovah hat? .. or a paradise tea towel. They have everything else in their bags.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    Why don't JW women carry a special Jehovah hat? .. or a paradise tea towel. They have everything else in their bags.

Everything but the kitchen sink hey? That may hurt the neck a bit, if its a long prayer!

• Scully
    Scully
    my wife reckoned that not having to stand up and address the audience directly was the only good thing about the patriarchal hierarchy .. that and being able to fein illness to avoid field service (fascinating things women)

I swear, that the magic words "I have my period" or "I'm having female problems" sent more Brothers™ running away in a panic than anything else I've ever seen. Works even better than garlic when fending off vampires.

There are times when Too Much Information is a damned good thing. Serves them right, the nosy parkers.

• trevor
    trevor

What is the point of women covering their heads?

Now a mouth covering...well that has merit!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit