Whacky Witness Weirdness

by limbogirl 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Saoirse
    Saoirse
    How about when JWs use to leave mags as tips at restaurants. That was so embarassing!

I knew one brother who used to pocket the tips that were left for the waitress.

I knew one strange sister who preferred to use a pot in the kitchen pantry instead of the toilet in the bathroom.

There was another sister who attended the meetings sporting a beard. Her chin hair was about 4 inches long.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Hey, Kathrine, thanks for jumping in and welcome to the board!

I think some of these wierd older men stayed under the radar because our parents were just programmed to ass-ume that everyone attending meetings was "OK." There was just an automatic trust given to people at the Hall. I hope that is changing.

But, back to the topic, how strange was it, too, for three elderly siblings in their late seventies, to be all living in an old mobile home together? The JW's just attract the oddest people... and they are not always harmless!

• limbogirl
    limbogirl
    I knew one strange sister who preferred to use a pot in the kitchen pantry instead of the toilet in the bathroom.

There was another sister who attended the meetings sporting a beard. Her chin hair was about 4 inches long.

Saroise --

those are pretty whacky. the pot in the pantry is GROSS. hopefully you didn't eat any meals at her house. Just curious how you found that out? did she divulge this to you or you just went in the pantry to grab a cookie and there she was?

Here's another one I thought of -- can't help it, they just keep coming today:

old sister named Irene was in our cargroup for service. somehow I got stuck sitting in the car with her by myself while the others went to a door. All of a sudden, out of nowhere, she tells me..."don't ever eat appleseeds -- they are poisonous and will kill you." then she goes on to tell me that she knew a man who killed himself by saving up a big jar of appleseeds and then eating them. I was probably eight and for years and years I would eat apples very delicately hoping I wouldn't be killed by an appleseed.

• Saoirse
    Saoirse
    Just curious how you found that out?

I saw her do it. It was on one of those rare occasions where JWs get together and help the elderly with housework and home repairs. There must have been an article in the WT or a local needs talk.

• Kaethra
    Kaethra

Looking Glass and Limbogirl - glad you got my post! I'm terrible at getting the quote thingy to work and even worse at changing fonts to make a point. And ewwwwwww to the woman who used a pot in the pantry! wtf?? ok...wacky witness story - we used to pick up this old guy who was pretty much the weird outcast of the entire town. He studied with the witnesses for years and years...for the company, I imagine. I hated when we had to pick him up, poor thing. But he smelled bad and he was soooooo strange. He was skin and bone and whenever we had a congregation "get together" (theocratic language), he would inhale a dozen or so hotdogs...seriously...one gulp and they were gone. It's all he ever ate. yikes! And beware if you had to sit behind him at the meetings...he just let 'em rip, which was especially giggle-inducing during song and prayer. He was a kind old soul though...I feel kinda bad making fun of him, but well.... I grew up in a pretty rural area, so there was lots of weirdness at my hall...and in the surrounding "territory" (more theocratic language).

• arwen
    arwen

there was a young mother with two small children who believed in breast feeding untill there were quite old. She was in the bathroom/mother's room feeding one of them when another mother came in with her little boy...he was still young enough to come into the ladies bathroom.....anyway...the boy said "what are you doing" to the breasfeeding mom and she said "feeing my baby" and he said" no you're not" and she took her breast out and squeezed it and split milk on him. Prettyyyyyyyyyyyy weird to me!!!!

• ballistic
    ballistic
    They decided to buy a used hearse

Now, maybe not for ferrying your kids around but can I say that a pimped hearse in England is very cool.

• Mr. Blue
    Mr. Blue

When I was around twelve years old, there was an older, childless couple that held the Tuesday book study in their basement rec room. They had a poodle that was very overweight - his large pink belly was visible through his thinning white fur. He could not walk the stairs to and from the meeting and had to be carried. After the closing prayer, he would always bark an 'amen'. (No kidding.)

One Saturday after service, I was invited over to their house for lunch. When I sat down at the table, I noticed that they had placed an extra setting with a plate only. Next, one of them lifted the dog onto a chair. After a prayer, they proceeded to plop pieces of meat and cheese onto the plate for the dog. He would snatch them from the plate and swallow them in one gulp. Pretty whacky, I'd say!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit