Whacky Witness Weirdness

by limbogirl 47 Replies latest jw friends

• limbogirl
    limbogirl

Ok, I'm sure all of us have met some incredibly bizarre jws over the years --- I have met some that could have been characters in a movie...just unbelievably weird. I've shared some of my stories with a good friend (non jw) and she swears I'm making this stuff up. How in the heck could I make these people up??

Feel free to share some of your own whacky witness weirdness...here goes...

A family with 5 kids in my cong needed a big vehicle to replace their old beat up station wagon (this was before the onslaught of SUVs and mini-vans). They decided to buy a used hearse -- looked like something Herman Munster would have driven. The mom calls and asks if my brother and I want to go to the local swimming pool with all her kids. Of course we did but had no idea that they would be pulling up to our house in a big hearse. My mom had to practically force us to get in. They had bolted a few seats in the back around the sunken part where the coffin rests but there weren't enough seats for all of us. So my brother and I sat in this hearse in our little swim suits with our legs dangling down in the part that held the coffin clutching our towels and trying hard not to flip out. We arrive at the pool...she pulls the hearse right up in front and as we all pile out every man, woman and child in that pool stopped and just gawked. Believe it or not it was more humiliating than calling on a schoolmate out in field service. This family thought this was a perfectly normal, practical means of transportation.

good times. anyone else?

• arwen
    arwen

a sister with young children had many different parties to keep them entertained....mostly themed parties. Once she had a party that was just after the movie 101 Dalmations came out. Eveyone was to dress like dalmation puppies. She herself dressed as Cruella and dyed half of her hair black and half white. She took her kids and another young girl to the corner store and the clerk said "you must be having a dress up party" and she said, "now why would you think that?" the clerk said" your hair" and she said " I always wear my hair like this". She kept a straight face and then paid for her stuff and walked out..

• KW13
    KW13

ha ha DAMN a hearse!!! NO WAY, i was laughing really loud and its 4:39am lol

• serendipity
    serendipity

I knew a sister who would intentionally wear unmatched earrings. Very amusing!

I'm sure I'm considered weird by the sisters at the KH. I'd rather talk about business and the stock market than the latest fashions. I tackle a few of my own home repair projects. I also don't drool over the single brothers. I imagine they think I'm beyond weird - probably labelling me as a lesbian.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Hey, limbogirl,

So my brother and I sat in this hearse in our little swim suits with our legs dangling down in the part that held the coffin clutching our towels and trying hard not to flip out. We arrive at the pool...she pulls the hearse right up in front and as we all pile out every man, woman and child in that pool stopped and just gawked. Believe it or not it was more humiliating than calling on a schoolmate out in field service. This family thought this was a perfectly normal, practical means of transportation.

Hey, that sounds pretty cool, in a Wavy Gravy-on-acid kinda way.

But I would have painted it in purple candyflake first.

gently feral

• merfi
    merfi

They were ALL weird at my KH. Which probably makes me stand out as the weird one for not fitting their mold. Like serendipity, I also do my repairs around the house... I'd tell the sistas about my latest washing machine fixing adventure and they'd just look at me all stupid like. As if I maybe should find my place as the weaker vessel and knock this crap off and call a brudda to help with such complicated things. I also play in the mud in my jeep -- sometimes we'd go thru the puddles on the way to meeting, so we all had to 'jump' or get mud on our spiffy clothes. The elders didn't care much for the jeep dripping goo in the parking lot...

So yeah, I was the weird one. And now I'm gone, so the clone-like sisters are once again united.

~merfi

That hearse story just made my skin crawl, but I literally laughed out loud at the monitor reading it... oh the indignity!! LOL

• merfi
    merfi

sorry, clicked too quick or somethin. Double post....

• limbogirl
    limbogirl

Gently Feral -- I don't think I would have felt comfortable in that hearse no matter what color it was painted!

ok, here's another whacky story about the same family...they arrive at the kh one night for the meeting and one of their daughters, about 11 yrs old, is dressed in a large man's white t-shirt with a belt cinched around the waist. This family was weird in general but this was pushing the boundaries of weirdness. I asked her about her outfit and she said she wasn't feeling good...pretty sick...and on the drive to the kh she had thrown up all over herself. Her parents, being good righteous dubs, pulled over to the side of the road -- found one of the dad's shirts in the back and created this makeshift outfit for her to wear to the kh. because, god forbid you miss a meeting for such a little thing like having stomach flu and barfing all over yourself. poor kid had to sit through the whole meeting in that goofy ensemble.

• limbogirl
    limbogirl
    She herself dressed as Cruella

Arwen,

the even weirder thing about this is a jw "sister" dressing up as Cruella De Vil for a kid's theme party. Did she not understand the meaning of the name? actually good for her trying to do something fun for the young ones...but she might want to rethink dressing up as the Disney equivalent of Satan. she'll be before a jc before you can say supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

• valkyrie
    valkyrie

Serendipity wrote:

I knew a sister who would intentionally wear unmatched earrings. Very amusing!

Weirdness? I don't know... maybe hers was simply an early effort at self-expression, a mild attempt to throw off the bonds of conformity and conservativism at the KH. Who knows? That maverick might be sporting full-body tattoos and multiple (unmatched) piercings by now!

-V.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit