Whacky Witness Weirdness

by limbogirl 47 Replies latest jw friends

• zeroday
    zeroday

We had a family that had an 8 year old son who was deaf. He was allways a hand full in the meetings. During a Sunday public talk the kid is sitting there in this very quiet hall and farts real loud, no one didn't hear it.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

When I was between 10 and 13 or so, there was an elderly brother who had never been married all his life. He was in his late 70's and shared a trailer with his widowed sister and younger brother. They all rode to the Hall together. He would sneak over to our car in the parking lot and leave bags of candy in the backseat for me. This happened every week for a long time. When we got in the car to go home, we would discover it. My parents thought it was cute, as in, " Oh, look! Walter's left you some more candy in the backseat, Virgochik! You make sure you tell him thank you!" Sometimes, this old man would put the bag of candy on my chair in the Hall and I'd find it when I went to sit down. Mom made me turn around and mouth "thank you" to Walter, who was several rows behind us, with a strange smile on his face.

Was that wierd, or what? I finally got beyond pissed when I became a teen and refused to play along. It creeps me out, now that I'm grown and learning of all the pedophiles in the Halls.

Do you all think it was anything like that on his mind? Mom and Dad thought he was just a kindly, lonely old man, but even they grew uncomfortable with it finally...

• zeroday
    zeroday

I was at a witness wedding once and the brother giving the wedding talk was going on and on and on giving examples of how harmonious the wedding arrangment should be. The three cord rope etc. He was really overdoing it. Well, he pauses, shuffles his notes then gets a panic look on his face and states: "I left the rest of my notes at home". WOW you could cut it with a knife. The bride was about to die. He then composes himself and gets to the vows.

• limbogirl
    limbogirl

Hi Anewme....glad you're enjoying the stories. Are you sure you don't have any to share?? Even about yourself??

Lilycurly fessed up to wearing costumes to the meeting! Btw, Lilycurly -- a moulin rouge corset?? really? and no one said anything??

Maybe I just had the privilege of knowing all the truly whacky witnesses. no wonder my non-jw friend thinks that I'm making this up. But I swear, I'm not. Here's another one for your reading pleasure.

Single sister with two kids and single brother with three kids go to my kh. They're both pretty weird as it is but then they decide to marry thereby combining all of their collective weirdness. The dad of the blended family was a real nutjob...control freak and way over zealous. Gave me the creeps. Here are three examples of whacky witness weirdness displayed by these two. I

One: I'm at their house one day visiting with one of the kids close to my age. Here come mom and dad from the bedroom -- dressed but with wet hair like they just got out of the shower. The two of them are going on about how marriage is a privilege from jehovah which allows them to shower together and do other fun things together..wink wink. All I could do not to completely puke.

Number two: the dad decided that the new blended family needs to get to know one another better and what better way to do it then for the entire family to gather in the living room in only their underwear. That should break down all barriers and make them all close. The older kids (12 to 14) were really appalled but had to go along with it. (I have to say this particular bit of weirdness really crossed a boundary and I think one of the kids complained and the parents were counseled.)

Third: dad invited my brother over to hang out with his young son's -- he told my mom that he was taking them for pizza and bowling. My poor brother comes home complaining that when he got to the house the dad told the boys that instead of pizza and bowling they had to do all kinds of chores including steam cleaning all of the carpeting in the house. If there was time after then he would buy pizza...guess what? there wasn't time for pizza.

I think about people like this and I'm so disturbed by the fact that if you're a jw then your automatically "good association" until proven otherwise -- no questions asked. I can't even imagine allowing my young son around half of the weirdos I knew and associated with when growing up.

• limbogirl
    limbogirl

Virgochik -- hard to say...it could have been totally innocent, just a sweet old man but it does make you wonder...

Reminded me of a similar experience. As a little girl in the 70's there was an elder at our hall who adored me. Our family was close to him and his wife (they had no kids) and we spent quite a bit of time at their house. He did wood working as a hobby and was always making me little trinkets. I remember once he gave me a pin to wear that was a butterfly. He also sent me a card through the mail and on the inside he wrote, 'butterflies are free'. He also gave me a few Ziggy cards. When I was about ten my family moved from that kh -- at about the same time he was publicly reproved and removed as an elder. My dad was an elder at that time. In the past year I found out from dad (now an apostate) that the reason for the reproof and removal was because of...yep, allegations of child molesting.

I wonder now what his intentions really were? Sad because I had fond memories of him all these years and now I don't really know....

Strangely, my parents didn't have a negative reaction to his attentions toward me as a child.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Limbogirl - I think you and I may know some of the same peeps. The death mobile, been there done that. In my cae, the son eventually got the car and was given a ticket one day for doing doughnuts in an empty parking lot after it had snowed alot. The ticket - excessive wheel rotation.

The whole come over for pizza and a swim party - oh, not until the house is clean. Sorry kids, house is still not clean, so you cannot go keep up the mopping though because it looks great.

My favorite. The loons that use to be my best friend's mom and step dad, would leave their horrid little boy 3 years old who still drank a bottle with us (their daughter and me) and go out to dinner. Guess what was in the house for the 13 year olds to eat. NOTHING. I remember eating dry cerel and complaining to my mom. After a little while my mom got pissed and when they called for me to come over to "play" she said no.

How about the couple that had a 4 year old son who I was watching who would try and sneak out of the house to play in the street (by sticking up his middle finger to cars as they went by - yeah this kid was a really naughty). When I finally stuck him in a coroner and sat right next to him so he could not make a break for it, the parents arrived home and I KID YOU NOT THIS IS WHAT THE FATHER SAID TO ME - you have no right disciplining my son, also you may want to remember that he will get baptized at some point and then he will head the congregation and what are you going to do then. I laughed and laughed to the point that the dad would not pay me. I got home and told my mom what happened. Then the dad had the gaul to call my mom to complain and my mother said - "shove it up your arse. I was waiting for the day for my daughter to wise up to you fools and she finally did. Now I am going to take her out and buy her what she would have bought herself with the babysitting money she thought she was going to get tonight." Later the bro complained to the elders that my mom swore at him he thought (the whole arse thing) and when they asked her she told them that she wanted them to talk to him about not paying me for my services first and then they could address the other issue. Sure enough they went back to him and guess what he paid me. But he hated us from that point on. And do you think his son is now a publisher, MS, PO, anything. No, the kid left a long time ago and never looked back. What is funny is I am friends with the kid now, but I still cannot stand his father.

How about when JWs use to leave mags as tips at restaurants. That was so embarassing!

• lucifer
    lucifer

there was a man at my hall who was married and had two young children, but he always gave me the creeps. One day he came up to me at the hall and said "put your hand in my pocket" me of course "umm no" , now I was only about 12 at the time but all my instincts were saying to get away from him. So anyway he grabs my hand and sticks it in his pocket....to find sticky old candy. I told my mom about what happened and how it creeped me out. A few months later this guy was in jail for molesting a 13 year old girl!!!! ewww

• poodlehead
    poodlehead

Wow these stories are bringing back the memories.

We had a sister that kept baby locks on all her cabinets. Not for a baby but in case of an Earthquake. But kept every newspaper she ever bought all around the house. I guess she wasn't to woried about fires, only Earthquakes. Same lady also breastfed her son till he left for Kindergarden. Amagine being able to ask for it!

Then there were a multatude of sisters who were involved in holistic medicine. I especial liked the diet that came around were you only drank a mixture of Honey, Cianpepper, and olive oil. Day in day out for a week. Cured everything from ulcers to atheletsfoot.

One sister was very insistent with me. She found out I was having gallbladder surgery and was very upset with me. "How dare you remove something from your body that Jehovah has given you!" Then she explained she could cure me. Just by drinking Codliver oil day and night for three days. Which would go into the gallbladder and losen the stones and they would fall out. I tried to explain to her how the human body works and that you can't get anything into the gallbladder, it is a one way shoot. Finally I gave up. "Look you would have more luck rubbing it on your butt checks than drinking it. (By the way this took place at the KH.) Do you not get that!" Then I asked her a question "Do you have a licence to practice medicine? I didn't think so. So why don't you stop before someone reports you and you find yourself in jail." That was the last time she bothered me.

• kathrine
    kathrine

I admit to being a lurker. I never openly admit to being born and raised a JW. I just decided to join after reading Virgochik & Limbogirl's stories about creepy older guys giving little girls' gifts. I remembered something that I totally forgot about until now. When I was about 8 years old, there was an extremely poor couple with major health & physical problems. They had a son who was in high school whom they would drag to the meetings. For some reason, my mom found them a good family to go in service and to assemblys with. The son was much older than me, and would never leave me alone. He would flirt with me and talk about marriage and kissing with me. It made me extremely uncomfortable, but he parents just thought it was so cute. What also made me uncomfortable was his father. He was always giving me gifts. Nothing I really wanted. Just little junk that I know he found around his house. Once he gave me a used gold neclace with a ruby in it. I had a feeling he stole it from his wife. I don't know what ever happened to them. Like I said, I completely forgot about this situation until just now.

• limbogirl
    limbogirl

Hi Katherine -

welcome aboard...I, like, you lurked for some time and found that the more I read the more I identified with the stories and experiences which also brought back memories I hadn't thought of for years.

I find that posting and sharing stories is very therapeutic!!

LimboGirl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit