Who has or has not been invited to the memorial?

by misspeaches 64 Replies latest jw friends

• Balsam
    Balsam

A JW lady who doesn't not know I'm an ex-jw dropped by with an invite to the Memorial. I just smiled and said thank you to her. It tickles me because she has no clue I'm an apostate undercover. LOL

Balsam

• delilah
    delilah

No invite this year....WHEW!!!!!

• Undecided
    Undecided

I read this comment:

leave the "truth" as he is nearly 70

I thought of an old man like my grandpa at 70, then I came into reality, hell I'm 70. I just don't look seventy but lately I'm beginning to feel 70. It just started last year as my joints are beginning to go bad. It doesn't stop me from doing things that I like yet but I see it comming and I'm getting depressed at the idea. I don't like the effects of old age, my memory is going too. Oh well, it's got to get here so I might as well get used to the reality of it. I guess I should be thankful I don't have any health problems yet.

Ken P.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

No Memorial invitations extended to me, thank g0d. I'd be pissed!

I haven't had a land-line in years and my cell isn't listed so I'm sorta tough to get ahold of if you're starting from scratch.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Well I think this might be the first year I haven't been invited.

• JAVA
    JAVA

JWs don't even show up in my neighborhood anymore since I started doing door-to-door work when they show up. It's only happened twice, and it's been two years since I've seen them on the street. I would meet them as they're getting out of the car and say, "Hey brothers, are you going door-to-door work or making return visists?" At this point they look like a deer caught in the head lights. I follow up with, "I'll take the next door and let the householder know that you shun me for the sin of voting, and you can show them from the Bible why you do that." I've never seen the Witnesses walk so fast in the door-to-door work and drive off.

No, they haven't invited me to the memorial--I don't know why.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Oh yeah I forgot to add that smilie

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

What would you (or others) do if a joe schmo decided to partake? Nothing -what could I do - people can do what they want

• Tea4Two
    Tea4Two

Yes, I was invited to the KH for the Memorial. I will not be going, however I did thank the brothers for coming over to invite me. I suppose they do not know how I feel about the Watchtower although I have expressed my distrust with my JW friends.

anewme, How beautiful to have a Remembrance Day of Christ in the Canyon. I can see you there with my minds eye, the Sun slowly going down in the West reflecting on the clouds or a clear sky with purples, reds, pinks and yellows. The huge bright Moon rising in the East, luminating the ground. An awesome painted picture of God's glory to all life on earth. God and Christ will surely bless you for your wonderful thoughts and prayer.

I will be celebrating here at home with my Hubby. I will have a decent glass of red wine with unleavened bread. Say a prayer in Thanks to God and Christ before and after partaking. Then have our supper and finish the bottle of wine with dinner.

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Normally I'll get a formal visit from some elder from my old hall (I think at my mother's request). But this year.....nothing! Im slightly dissapointed about it too. Lately I've looked forward to meeting JW's and jabbing them with a dose of "truth".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit