Who has or has not been invited to the memorial?

by misspeaches 64 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

I was invited by letter, not in person, because they know that I don't answer the door to them.

But many times in the past, they didn't even invite me.

Most of the times, they did come here, but with not much success, so now they send letters...

• oldflame
    oldflame

No Invitation here but then I would not go if I had been. I will not enter a kingdom hall door again for nothing, not even my mothers funeral.

• xjwms
    xjwms

NO invite for me

NO phone, letter, message, or anything.

But, I am still going, with a pain in my gut once a year, ... one hour.

I hope my wife will be happy about that.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

I finally received an invite on Sunday am. I just barely avoided them seeing me at the door, and I didn't answer it. They letf two mags and an invite in the door. My JW family has not said anything to me as of yet. We've gone to their hall for the last three years (another town). I found that curious, although my mom knows now that I don't want to go to meetings anymore, and knows I don't believe in FDS. Maybe that's why.

I was really hoping we wouldn't get an invite. I really don't want to go, but I know my husband will. If I did not get an invite I was not going to mention anything, but now I think I'll have to. Bummer.

BB

• bem
    bem

I was invited by Siss Ditz, it felt really good to look her in the eye and say no,no I will not be going! Shut her right up, considering prior to that she had been telling me her hubby is now an Elder, "well that must make you proud?" I guess he's gone a lot?" No, he's home all the time! she says and rolls her eye's.... Then she tells me hubbies buisness partner was asked to step down as Elder since his wife quit going to meetings,,, "yeah,, they told him if he cannot control his own family,,,". There was more but I'll spare you. The no I will not be going,,, was the conversation stopper. It's been seven years since I attended.

• kls
    kls

I haven't been invited for over 20 years by either a jw or even my jw husband ,so i'm thinking they kinda know how i feel about them.

They actually got something right

• south african beef
    south african beef

I was born into dubdum, got babtized at 18, married at 21. Later became a ministerial servant, gave public talks at my kh and even other halls.

Got d'fed 4 years ago due to immorality. Remarried and vvvvvv happy. Went to first 2 memorials after being ousted but didn't go last year and will not be going this year. Really strange though that my elder dad and super dub mum has not invited me - nor have any of the elders from my last cong. Obviously all those years of service meant nothing to any of them. I'm not worthy of an invite. Am I bothered?

NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Fleur
    Fleur

put me in the 'invited' column. Or more accurately, put me in the 'if you could be murdered with guilt tripping I'd be dead' column.

I was really irritated with my mom this year, though. She waited until we were alone and then said "A friend of mine died and I want you to come to his memorial service." now a lot of my moms friends have died in the past year and I was really concerned. I said "Oh, not again, who was it?" and she said "His name is Jesus."

I was not amused.

I just sat there and nodded a lot while she went on.

I really expected her to go on and on about it last weekend but she barely mentioned it, I think she knows she's wasting her breath.

essie

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

I haven't been invited to the memorial. Of course, I disassociated last August. And to think I was there last year with bells on. I even brought someone! My how things can change in a year.
    Interesting sidenote, my brother, who was never baptized, would go to the memorial every year to keep my mom happy. He's not going this year. My mom didn't even invite him. Me thinks it has something to do with the copy of "Apocalypse Delayed" he's been reading, not to mention his deepening relationship with me, the "aposta-child". He now sees through the wts and is no longer interested in pleasing our mom. I'm sure she's grieving big time this year, with neither of her kids attending memorial with her. I can see her sitting there tomorrow night choking back tears as the emblems are passed, lamenting over the damnable fate of her only children. Boo hoo.
    tall penguin

• brutusmaximus
    brutusmaximus

My Dad popped over last night and I asked him if he could watch the kids on Wednesday night as I am playing football and the wife is working, I was unaware of the memorial.

He told me it was the memorial and if the kids wanted to go he would take them, they both said NO!! So can anyone baby sit for me tomorrow?? Cheers

Oh no one else has asked me to go which is nice as I would need to decline

BM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit