Who has or has not been invited to the memorial?

by misspeaches 64 Replies latest jw friends

• Dirks Retort
    Dirks Retort

I am neither DF or DA, and many know where I live but I have not had an invite for 10 + years. This excludes Mum who pestered me for a few years but has also given up. Apart from the waste of an hour I would not want to get back on the radar. In any event I have other things to do...maybe de-crumb the toaster, wash my hair, etc

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    In any event I have other things to do...maybe de-crumb the toaster

LOL!

Welcome to the board DR

• free2beme
    free2beme

It comes up in conversation like this ...

"The memorial is on Wednesday if you want to come" or "I am going to the memorial this Wednesday at "time and place""

... not real strong invites anymore, and I would not expect them. We have been gone so long, the Witnesses left in the family have already decided we are bird food. So this year I did not even know it was coming up, until today when someone else mentioned it. Although, I knew it had to be happening about this time, as Easter is this weekend and that is a holiday seen around this same time of year. Personally, the lack of invite makes me feel that the family is more accepting of our choice to not go to meetings and I apprecaite not having the pressure to have to say "no thank you." As it never became a very comfortable moment.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

I called my mom last night just to see if she would invite me - nope! We had talked for about 45 minutes before she finally said anything, and that had to do with my sister - she's sick and wasn't sure if she'd be able to go, or have to have the phone hook up at home. Never once asked me if we are going, or asked me to come to hers (which my hubby and I have done for the last three years).

It was alittle strange, but I'm glad she's finally realizing that I don't want to go anymore.

BB

• codeblue
    codeblue

No invites for me! First time in 2 years, I think my fade is working!!!

I plan on being outside on my balconey and gaze at the full moon and do something much like what Anewme has said. She said it so well

At the same time call one of my step-kids that has just "quit" the religion, have a glass of wine and cheer them up (my step-child is going thru a divorce too). I just arranged this with her on the phone, what time I will call and everything. She will have a bottle of wine handy, and we can chat and look up at the full moon even though we are "miles apart". When you miss the first memorial at the KH, your have terrible anxiety. (at least I did and I can sense she is already having it)

Codeblue

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit