Do you honestly think the Witness religion will end?

by free2beme 48 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Os, baby, if Hitler met the comic dive then so will the gove bod. I wonder if they have a bunker.

• Shazard
    Shazard

When you see in Church history, then different false teachings last about 2-5 centuries. I don't think that JW are big exception. Ofcourse there are several major directions in false teachings - that is arianism (JW today), gnosticism (New Age) etc. These fallacies will allways be present in one or another way. Ofcourse I am speaking about "chrsitianity based" religions. And survives only those which are close to central message of Gospel. If you go away from gospel, faster you disapear into history.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    Lately I've been thinking about this, and about how many JWs did not have children because they thought the end was so near.

Then it hit me, that's perfect!

Lol Osmosis - Ironically they're (unknowingly) supporting Darwin's Theory - Survival of the Fittest.....

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Yes. I think it will end. At the very least, its current oppressive form will eventually disappear. The pressure of impending doom can only be sustained for so long, when that leaves the organizational authority structure will weaken perceptibly.

Does a caterpillar end? Yes, when it becomes something else. It may still be called Jehovah's Witnesses, but if the religion changes (and it has radically changed in the past) it's previous form ended and its current form is something new.

I just want to help hasten it into its chrysalis stage.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Maybe the religion will 'split' (didn't it previously in the very early days?), and there will remain the die-hard dubs who cling to the Society's ever changing doctrines and a new group which will see the error of the Society and be willing to act upon it while still embracing its core beliefs. This latter group will acknowledge the reasons why many 'turned Apostate' and these (apostates) will be the first targetted.

• oldflame
    oldflame

nope to many members yet to keep it alive.....

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I could easily see that happening except for two things, MidwichCuckoo.

The Watchtower is a brand that is universally associated with Jehovah's Witnesses. I think it would be nearly impossible for a splinter group to coalesce in large enough numbers around some medium of communication of similarly widespread presence. Without such a large nucleus, I don't know how they would be able to keep the core doctrines.

The core doctrine of the Governing Body is 1914. They point to the mortality of the soul, rejection of things with pagan origins, the non-existence of hell fire, and the separation of the respective parts of the Trinity as core beliefs, but these are not beliefs that define them as distinct from quite a few other churches. The one doctrine that separates them from ALL others is the 1914 doctrine.

If a split were to occur over that teaching, the group that left that doctrine would not be Jehovah's Witnesses.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

There are still Russellites and Bible Students, and other end of the world cults survived for hundreds of years at times. So I imagine that it will continue but in a diminished form.

However the law will dictate that they clean up their cultish ways, as it has already. The legal system resulted in changes to the rule on vaccinations and now blood. I imagine the law will also tighten up on cults that force shunning of family members.

The teachings never stopped changing so there is no reason to believe the beliefs will not change considerably over the next hundred years. They will not be able to hide from reality forever.

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll

It'll end when the Muslim hoards drag whats left of the GB out of Brothel Bethel and cut their heads off. Then the whole world will be praying to Allah

• Ellie
    Ellie

Its a bit like waiting for a bus, it could be late but you don't want to go and get a taxi because you know as soon as you do the bus will arrive, they will be too afraid to call it a day even in a couple of hundred years because they think if they do the very next day armageddon will come.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit