Do you honestly think the Witness religion will end?

by free2beme 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Carmel
    Carmel

there is a reverse relationship between education/access to information and adherence to beliefs that are contrary to science, logic and reason. It may take many decades, but the hand writing is on the wall for all high-control cults and denominations of mainline religions. Either get real or go under. The present attraction to literalist dogmatic religious orgainizaitons, from Islam to Christianity is fueled by the desire for instant gratification, simple answers and quick fixes. Things don't work that way in the real world.

With the rapid industrialization of the rest of the planet and access to the web, I'd give the JW cult thirty to forty years before it is a footnote on the pages of religious annals.

carmel

• PorPorCoro
    PorPorCoro

I do think its disappearing bit by bit. Since a lot has been exposed, its not something a lot of people want to get into. Outsiders already think its for crazy people. Religion is the opiet for the masses, you know.

• osmosis
    osmosis

Opiate of the asses, more like it

• Quentin
    Quentin

No...always has and always will be some daffy belief system around to stroke the masses...right now what they don't have is leadership. All it will take is some firebrand like Rutherford, or father figure like Russell, to come along and breath life into the tired old wore out rank and file. It will happen, sooner or later...they'll cycle through another round of growth, level out and spiral down again, until next time...

• Cabin in the woods
    Cabin in the woods

Very, very interesting thread. Yes, I believe that this religion is doomed. Not because of just one thing but a long and disgusting list, protecting child rapist in the name of god, false prophecy, internet, television exposure, continual lines of suits being filed in courts in many countries, rapidly changing doctrines including the one on blood, it is harder and harder to find gullible, uneducated people as in the past or at least in the more developed countries, Bethelites are being sent home . the buildings are selling and people will want to know what is being done with the money. People are bound to notice that friends and relatives are being disfellowshipped and disassoiciated by the truckload and when the 'good ole boys' in NYC say, "Rejoice, this is Jah cleaning out the congregation and then the end will come!" People are NOT going to buy into it the way that they have in the past. Without the people in the K.H.s then the money will slow down and so will the preaching. It is a house of cards and the wind is starting to blow.

I think that as long as this ugly beast can draw a small amount of breathe and there is a slight pulse left inside of her it then it will die last in countries like Africa and other impoversed areas.

I say in 5 years it will be unrecognizable by todays standards

Mary in the cabin

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

the wt have set themselves up with an expiration date on them ...

WTBTS manufacture date is 1914, expiration date - "1 generation". It has begun to spoil.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Here's something for you to think about:

Hitler was eventually stopped. Good eventually triumphs over evil. The Catholic Church doesn't have the stranglehold over the world that it used to. The WTBTS can't stay like they are forever. Something will happen to change things. Jim Jones and David Kuresh were stopped. Mormons, officially anyway, were forced to stop the sanction of polygamy.

Good triumphs over evil and someday, reckoning will come for the org. They owe a cosmic debt and they will have to pay up, just like all of us do.

• Spectre
    Spectre

I've used the "expiration date" analogy before. It's just a matter of time. I think it will always be around like some of those groups you hardly ever hear about, like the Christadelphians or so.

• osmosis
    osmosis

Just because good triumphs over evil (sometimes), doesn't mean sanity triumphs over insanity hehe

• heathen
    heathen

Actually I'm amazed it's lasted as long as it has . I think the world is going to end so in answer to your question, yes they will end along with everything else.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit