WT May 15/06 How important we are

by blindersoff 35 Replies latest jw friends

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Too funny! I didn't realize at first that this was part of the quoted article:

The "empty thing" they keep "muttering," or meditating on, is the continuation of their own sovereignty. Nothing shakes them more than any threat to their rulership.

I thought blindersoff was talking about the WTS. It fits them so perfectly.

~Merry

• heathen
    heathen

The only thing shaking in the US is the WTBTS headquarters that had to sell off property and invest in less profitable areas to rebuild . You might say the economic earth quake is shaking them . Most people in the US are still claiming to be christian and believe God is on their side . Most christian churches support the rule of democracy as it is . I think we are living in troubled times but the word from most sources outside the WTBTS is that things are not going to end anytime soon . Most people seem to have an optimistic outlook , that if we even show concern for the environment it won't be unrepairable . Personally I don't look at things that way but am aware I am in a minority .

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I laughed and yawned. Thanks I love this stuff, they're just so dumb!

• Pole
    Pole

It looks like a rehash of the same old delusional stuff:

*** w99 7/15 p. 11 Helping People to Draw Close to Jehovah ***

6 In these last days, how does Jehovah draw people and open to them the “door of faith”? (Acts 14:27, footnote; 2 Timothy 3:1) A key way is by having his Witnesses proclaim his messages of salvation and of judgment against this wicked system of things. (Isaiah 43:12; 61:1, 2) This worldwide proclamation is sending a tremor through the nations—a portent of the judgmental shattering soon to come. At the same time, people who are “precious” in God’s eyes are being drawn out of this system and are finding security in his “house” of true worship. Jehovah is thus fulfilling his prophetic words recorded by Haggai: “I will rock all the nations, and the desirable things of all the nations must come in; and I will fill this house with glory.”—Haggai 2:6, 7, footnote; Revelation 7:9, 15.

Jehoovar's been rocking this planet for at least 7 years now! Da TREMOR!

Pole

• fjtoth
  • heathen
    heathen
    At the same time, people who are “precious” in God’s eyes are being drawn out of this system and are finding security in his “house” of true worship. Jehovah is thus fulfilling his prophetic words recorded by Haggai: “I will rock all the nations, and the desirable things of all the nations must come in; and I will fill this house with glory.”—

I don't think this has anything to do with end time prophesy . I read some more of that chapter and God is talking about precious metals of gold and silver . It's clear God is talking about the temple of jerusalem and the messiah I think but that's as far as it goes and has nothing to do with the WTBTS book publishing corporation. I hate when they just up and grab any scripture to glorify themselves .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit