WT May 15/06 How important we are

by blindersoff 35 Replies latest jw friends

• garybuss
    garybuss

If a person wrote that Watchtower quote, they'd be institutionalized for a minimum of six months and then heavily medicated and kept on a monitored commitment.

I've talked to psychotic schizophrenics who made more sense and had a better grasp of reality than that Watchtower quote.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    This sounds like it was cut and pasted from one of the many RESOLUTIONS from the 1950's .

It probably was. Ain't technology great? It saves them from having to put forth an effort to come up with new drivel.

W

• Mary
    Mary
    The message of judgment included in our preaching work is sending out a tremor among the nations. (Isaiah 61 :2) And the shaking gets more severe as the preaching work increases in scope and intensity.

Hey, I just read this again........is this another attempt of the Borg "putting the world on notice" like we discussed in another recent thread?

• Axelspeed
    Axelspeed

Really delusional or just lost as to what to write anymore! This is the biggest load of rehashed crap I've read in a while. This is not new. Same old play from the same ole playbook. I can't believe my fam still sit through this.

You have to have a swig of some really special kool-aid to write this sh#t and make it sound like you really believe it.

Axel

• Maryjane
    Maryjane

I'm with Scully...Delusions of Grandeur for sure!

Also, with statements like this:

The worldwide preaching of the established Kingdom of God done by Jehovah's Witnesses has become just such a threat to the nations.
    They had better watch their backs before the Homeland Security agents come and lock them up in FEMA camps!
  • willyloman
    willyloman

I agree they are delusional. This part of the statement alone:

as the preaching work increases in scope and intensity

is pure fabrication. The preaching activity has been going in the exact opposite direction for more than a decade. All but the most delusional dub knows that and statements like this are unsettling to them when they allow themselves to think about what's being said.

• Jez
    Jez

By keeping their members as separate from the world as possible, not being allowed to discuss any problems, fears, inconsistencies etc for fear of being labelled an 'apostate', they are cocooned from realizing that:

OTHER FANATICAL RELIGIONS OR CULTS SAY THE SAME THING AND HAVE PREDICTED THE END OF THE WORLD SINCE THE BEGINNING OF TIME. You are no different!!

They NEED their members to believe that they are being persecuted, that they are a threat to the world because it perpetuates this 'unique' 'chosen' 'special' 'exclusive information belongs only to us' kind of thinking...which eventually leads to the ability to control people due to their fears.

Is it not painfully obvious that they are NOT worshipping God out of love rather they are encouraging fear and a militant attitude amongst their ppl, because this quote is just not true, so why would they use it?

Jez

• sf
    sf

BOO!!!!!!!!

• minimus
    minimus

I'm scared.......

• VM44
    VM44

I am reminded of this quotation:

The Scriptures give good reason to believe that it shall be shortly before Armageddon breaks. In this expectation the house at San Diego, California, which house has been much publicized with malicious intent by the religious enemy, was built, in 1930, and named 'Beth Sarim,' meaning 'House of Princes.' It is now held in trust for the occupancy of those princes on their return. The most recent facts show that the religionists of this doomed world are gnashing their teeth because of the testimony which that 'House of Princes' hears to the new world. To those religionists and their allies the return of those faithful men of old to rule with judgment over the people shall not bring any pleasure. But to the people whom the angels sang about, 'men of good will,' it shall be an occasion for unbounded jubilation, and they shall rally to the side of those princely representatives of the kingdom of heaven." (The New World, pp. 104-105, 1942)

The "religionist" never did "gnash their teeth" concerning Beth Sarim. Rather, it was the JWs who were embarrassed by the existence of a house in San Diego for the exclusive use of Judge Rutherford. They had to continually explain that the house was really for the use of the ancient worthies, and that Rutherford was just residing there until the worthies returned.

Yeah Sure.

--VM44

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit