WT May 15/06 How important we are

by blindersoff 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

lmao!

The WTS knows that most JWs are very embarrassed of going door-to-door and for being so different. JWs know they are a JOKE to the rest of the world and are embarrassed for it. This was one thing that prevented me from telling people I was a JW.

It looks like the WTS is trying to turn this around by giving JWs an ego. Hmmm... wasn't there a recent article about how wrong it is to be proud?

• Mary
    Mary
    It headlines the news every day..."The nations are all trembling with fear due to JW's/preaching work"...

Ya, I saw that.......I think it was in the same paper that announced: "ELVIS FORMS A UNION AT BURGER KING"........Geeze, maybe the National Enquirer isn't a reliable source.

Seriously though, I can't believe they think they're having any impact whatsoever on "the nations". Yes, I can see China, the United States, Al Quida, Iraq, Germany, etc. all quaking in their shoes whenever they see a Dub coming to the door.....

• jws
    jws
    It looks like the WTS is trying to turn this around by giving JWs an ego.

That might be so, but I could have sworn this is a re-iteration. Could have sworn I heard this sort of thing the whole time I was growing up.

Not seeing any evidence of that in my life, I think I used to imagine some sort of conspiracy theory. That leaders of both religions and governments secretly knew what we were preaching was true and were scared of us, but were too mired in their own traditions or plans to change and comply with us.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Come on guys, this is nothing new they have been saying this for YEARS. Especially when they feel something big has just happened. Remember the peace and security uproar. They kept saying we told you, we told you. You told us what that someone day someone in politics will say "peace and security" hmmm, not much of a stretch is it.

As for fear in the "nations" because of the doomsday message, well guess what if you check back issues you will find that same subject matter has been reprinted with the "churches", the "apostates", the [fill in the blank here]. Give em some slack, its gotta be tough coming out with a new fire and brimestone message that puts them on high every month.

• Pole
    Pole

I'm still 'shaking' from laughter.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    That leaders of both religions and governments secretly knew what we were preaching was true and were scared of us, but were too mired in their own traditions or plans to change and comply with us.

I once confronted my dad with that question.

He was going on about how the preachers and priests at other churches *knew* that the trinity was not true and that they *knew* that hell fire was not true and that they *knew* all sorts of other "lies" were not true.

I asked: "Do you really believe that there is a massive world-wide conspiracy that NO ONE knows about where all the leaders of all the religions get together on a regular basis and say 'Ok, we have all the lies out there and we need to keep everyone believing these lies even though the Jehovahs Witnesses keep trying to tell them the truth!'"

It was at that moment that my dad got really quiet because he realized just how STUPID he sounded.

• jstalin
    jstalin
    Can we say "delusions of grandeur"?

You took the words right out of my mouth.

• garybuss
    garybuss

This sounds like it was cut and pasted from one of the many RESOLUTIONS from the 1950's . . . read and passed and forgotten at every summer hard seat assembly. It's the ramblings from a schizophrenic-like grandiose delusion. They seem to see themselves as essential and powerful while being self conscious, defensive, and afraid. They self validate over and over. They're narcissistic, omnipotent, and egocentric.

They're like the little boy whistling in the dark. The're extremely insecure.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I believe the word is psychotic.

W.Once

• metatron
    metatron

This is psychosis and should explain why the organization is the way it is. Don't expect changes or "new light" from this deluded

band of fanatics - in their world, there's no need.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit