Well, I got the dreaded call from the elder's tonight....

by AK - Jeff 47 Replies latest jw experiences

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I just returned from 18 holes of golf as the phone rang.

Caller; Hi Jeff, this is Bruce Elder, how are you doing?

Me; Hello Bruce. What may I do for you?

Bruce; Well [very nervous sounding voice now], I have Kevin Holierthanthou on the other line. Jeff, we were just wondering if we could stop by someday soon and visit with you and Wifey.

Me; Not interested.

Bruce; [as I hang up the phone I hear him saying] Not interested? Well, could we......

The nerve of these SOB's ! Two and a half years they never even bother to check up on us, spend all that time slandering my name to my former friends, boycott my mom's funeral with venom, shun me at every occasion. Then they get together and set up a conference call with obvious designs on trying to get me to make some kind of 'apostate' statement with a ready two witnesses on the phone. Otherwise why two on the line?

I suspect that soon the registered letter inviting me to the special JC heresy trial.

I could really care less by this point - we marked our leaving on Jan 1, 2004 after completing Ray's books. We never went back and never will. The pure hypocricy of these guys just strikes me. Two years our spiritual health is of no concern to these bastardos, then perhaps they have now gathered some sort of 'evidence' against me now, so they can proceed to the excomunication phase? What a bunch of asses!

Jeff

• Mulan
    Mulan

Sounds like you handled it well.

Can't you just see him standing there looking at the phone and saying "that didn't turn out the way I planned".

• juni
    juni

I know how you feel Jeff. Happened to us also. It's such a farce.

Juni

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Bruce; [as I hang up the phone I hear him saying] Not interested? Well, could we......

That's the best way to end a conversation with losers, Jeff.

• Victorian sky
    Victorian sky

Jeff, they boycotted your mom's funeral, how awful, why did they do that? Also, you handled them well on the phone. I was inactive for a year and a half before any elder called to invite me to the memorial! It's funny, either they stalk you or they forget about you until number crunching time for their memorial figures. You did great though.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear AK Jeff,

Amazing isn't it!!! The story is always the same!!! Why all the attention now?? My husband and I have been ignored for almost a full year. Now, the only reason we are in the spotlight is because my in-laws made it their duty to to EVERYONE we have issues! Now the CO is even doing the detective work. It has been 8 weeks today, and still no answer, regarding our questions. I am awaiting the dreaded elder call ourselves!

Sincerely,

L.L.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

Classic......

Deal with them the same way as you'd deal with a telemarketer calling your home trying to sell you insurance.

Give'em the dialtone.

• JH
    JH

Maybe they wanted to invite you to the memorial.

But why would they be 2 on the phone like you say.....

You did the right thing to hang up on them.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Jeff, they boycotted your mom's funeral, how awful, why did they do that?

Vs- We had begun our 'fade' by then. We knew it was not the 'truth', having read Franz's books [but of course they did not know that]. We were being treated as 'apostates' though no one ever made an open accusation. My mother was baptised in 1960. She was inactive - but died believing it was the 'truth'. Only two wtnesses came to the funeral - we got no cards no letters, not even a phone call from all the people that we called brothers and sisters for nearly half a century. Batardos! That is the only word for them.

Jeff

• Carmel
    Carmel

Russian Jack Springs or Elmendorf Officers Club?

carmel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit