Do you not care anymore?

by Pleasuredome 37 Replies latest jw friends

• wombat
    wombat

Great to see you back Richie...How're they hanging? (Like...things going okay?)

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I have come to a point where I really don't care any more. Its terrible that my whole family is still in but I can't change them since they won't even talk to me. I just try to live a respectable life to show them that I left because I didn't agree with their doctrine, not because I wanted to lead a sinful life. I have found that as the days go on, I care less and less about my past and concentrate on making my future great with or without a family. I'll have to create my own.

• wombat
    wombat

reneewhatever....

A universal truth is that parents need their kids much more than kids need their parents. We old people try to keep this thruth hidden. As you will probably do one day.

So forget it. Go out and achieve things, get a degree, climb the Himilayas, start a soup kitchen, whatever.

They will be so proud of you in spite of what their silly church teaches.

At your age this is your biggest chance in life. Don't waste it by fretting over silly people.

They will always love you. Parents can't help it in spite of what they say.

Go for it girl...............

• luna2
    luna2
    A universal truth is that parents need their kids much more than kids need their parents.

I'm finding this out as the years go by. Listen to the wise old wombat. lol

As for caring...well, I do because I was deceived by them for so long and made some pretty dumb decisions based on their crap. I'd like to see as many people as possible freed from their clutches.

• acadian
    acadian

Hey Ballistic,

In England we say "couldn't care less" i.e. if you could 'care less', then logically you do care for them.

Never thought of it like that, but your right, If I could careless, that must mean then, that I must have cared more...Hmmm

And that's true at one time I did care more for them, (The Org.) but now I could careless.

Acadian

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

What I do care about is them killing their own with their STUPID views on blood. In my 14 years as a nurse, I've seen way too much. After my parents were going to let my sister die when she was 4, I'll never forgive any of them! Plus, the way they protect child molesters! I'll fight them till I'm dead. If one person can be spared, it'll be worth it!!

As for the GB and the borg, I hope that the borg from star trek will come and asimulate the wbts!!

shell

• greendawn
    greendawn

I left in 1987 and up to 1995 I thought they served a useful purpose in society because at least they upheld some moral standards, but then with the internet out, I checked thoroughly their history and realised that society would be better off without them that they serve no useful purpose since the harm they do far outweighs the good.

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

The extent of the effect JWism in my life now goes only as far as my parent's behaviour. They seem to be content JWs - they are kind, caring and hospitable people with good friends in the congregation. If they faced the truth about the Truth ™ , after 35 years, they haven't got very much else in their lives. They don't shun me, and the "nudging" has mellowed down to fairly gentle over the years. My main concern is the blood issue - in an emergency situation, would they know which fraction the WT has deemed acceptable?

I post and read here because I like a lot of the posters, and it is useful for keeping up to date with New Light ™ and organisational gossip.

I like to think that I have got over my JW upbringing - I have moved on in that I don't let the belief system affect me negatively or positively - i.e. I am not going to adopt a behaviour or attitude simply because it is in opposition to WT teachings.

• DigitalFokus
    DigitalFokus

nope, i stoped caring about 20 minutes after leaving the JC that df'd me.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

With the exception of my mom, they could all die tomorrow and it wouldn't spoil my breakfast.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit