JW DECREASE IN AMERICA of 1.07%

by DannyHaszard 60 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• blondie
    blondie

Just for grins, what is the difference between the AVERAGE number of publishers from 2004 to 2005?

• Mary
    Mary

OK, worldwide, the average number of Publishers for 2004 was: 6,308,341

The average number in 2005 worldwide was 6,390,016

Pretty slim pickins I'd say.

• EAGLE-1
    EAGLE-1

I wanted to share this:

In the past 25 plus years I have seen or encountered jdubs exactly 5 times.I live in a very well populated and safe area.Life here is almost allways a traffic jam.There are a lot of people in this area.I have counted around 4 halls and something called an assembly hall within 15 miles of my location.Move here everyone.The jdubs in this area are very lazy.You wont see them.I work with about 1000 people and none are jdubs to my knowledge but I am a very outspoken opponent of religion.Maybe thase a buncha chikins.

Anyone else notice how rare they see them?

Whats the deal with assembly halls,schools and etc.refusing to rent to them?

My parental units seldom mention jdub stuff lately even if I say something about jdubs.Are they tiring out?

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

There is provision for your comments at this article

Latest denomination figures released click see bottom
    Spero News - 1 hour ago
    ... 25. Jehovah's Witnesses, 1,029,902 members, reporting a decrease of 1.07 members. The total members reported in the largest 25 communions is 148,009,649.

I'm tasked to take out the trash-Danny Haszard Bangor Maine

• dozy
    dozy

Would this article have been highlighted by opposers if the report had actually got the figures right (ie an increase rather than a decrease)?

In any case , how do they define church membership? My grandmother described herself as Church of England on census forms and would have been included in any collation of membership , yet the last time she went to church was in 1954. How often have you met someone who describes themselves as an Anglican / Catholic / Baptist etc but they admit that they don't believe in the bible , or even God in some instances. Ask them who their vicar is and you usually get the "blank stare / oh , I forgot" treatment. Conversely , JWs only count active members - we have members who go to every meeting yet do not go on the ministry and who are not counted as publishers and don't show up in the overall figures.

"In the past 25 plus years I have seen or encountered jdubs exactly 5 times." So that will be exactly 5 times more often than the other religions mentioned in the list , then (with the possible exception of the Mormons , who sponsor a small number of members to do their ministry).

"I am a very outspoken opponent of religion...My parental units seldom mention jdub stuff lately even if I say something about jdubs.Are they tiring out?"

Er - go figure! The phrase "parental units" doesn't exactly suggest a strong relationship. Maybe tiring out from you!

• EAGLE-1
    EAGLE-1

lol

• Clam
    Clam

Which ever way you look at it it's pretty pathetic when you consider that this is The Truth that Leads to Eternal Life™. No one's going to get trampled in the rush, LOL

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    In any case , how do they define church membership? My grandmother described herself as Church of England on census forms and would have been included in any collation of membership , yet the last time she went to church was in 1954. How often have you met someone who describes themselves as an Anglican / Catholic / Baptist etc but they admit that they don't believe in the bible , or even God in some instances. Ask them who their vicar is and you usually get the "blank stare / oh , I forgot" treatment. Conversely , JWs only count active members - we have members who go to every meeting yet do not go on the ministry and who are not counted as publishers and don't show up in the overall figures.

"In the past 25 plus years I have seen or encountered jdubs exactly 5 times." So that will be exactly 5 times more often than the other religions mentioned in the list , then (with the possible exception of the Mormons , who sponsor a small number of members to do their ministry).

Someone's been believing all that WT propaganda!
    Sorry, but it just isn't true.
    The situation downunder is that mainstream churches are showing a reawakening in some areas. In NSW, especially is this so with the Anglican Church where one of the main problems is where to fit people in the far-too-inadequate buildings.
    Amonst the pentcostal churches, things are booming and are drawing in youth by the thousands.

No, do not believe the dubs when they lyingly portray church membership as being entirely caused by silent members.
    The churches I've fellowshipped with are dynamic, far more so than any of the hundreds of JW congregations I've visited. "Active members" to the WTS means people who turn in field service reports - a very narrow guage of christian service.

Yes, a variety of opinions are 'allowed' - so what, that's what's called being free in christ! Amongst the Anglican churches dowunder, each service includes a reciting of the Apostles' Creed where eachperosn affirms their common belief in 'basic christianity'.

As far as evangelising, dozy seems to think this is the sole preserve of JWs - how wrong he is! House-to-house visitation may not be found in many churches but then, there are far more effective ways of evagelising.

Churches I know run courses in that - so the dubs with their TMS™ are not alone in equipping their members in declaring the gospel.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

You will have to try better than that Dozy, as Ozzie said, we all know WTS rhetoric and can see straight through it.

How do you account for the size of other religions? It is because they actively preach. At work I am well aware of those who are active Christians. They preach to people, rather than the pointless and ineffective waste of time spent at the doors of empty houses.

I have a number tax clients that are missionaries in Sydney. They devote their time for virtually no pay assisting university students and other people come to know God. I also have had Seven Day Adventists preaching the good news of the kingdom at my door as recently as this year.

• Mary
    Mary
    dozy said: JWs only count active members - we have members who go to every meeting yet do not go on the ministry and who are not counted as publishers and don't show up in the overall figures.

And.....your point is? What?? Are you saying that all the other churches would also show a negative or marginal growth if they count only "active" members? Like Ozzie said, many areas are showing a re-growth in church attendance. I know where I live, ALL the churches in the area are packed on Sundays. Ironically, the only place where the parking lot is half empty is the Kingdom Hall. The church that's right across the road from the Hall is triple the size and is packed every Sunday. And don't think that doesn't rankle in the minds of the local Witnesses. I've heard the elders and some R&F make really snide remarks about why the other church is doing so well and why "the one true religion" is doing so poorly"-----its either because a) Jehovah is weeding out the weak ones; b) Satan is blinding everyone's minds; c) these people want to have their ears tickled or d) It doesn't matter to Jehovah how many people accept the Truth (WTF?)

It looks like in the States, the Mormons have triple the membership that the Witnesses have----gee, what's going on there??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit