I'm gonna die

by Jourles 61 Replies latest jw friends

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

Nice bike Jourles!

Congratulations!

We ride a bike that is not a HD or a Victory. I had my husband put thick soft silver wolf fur on the seat and back rest, (not real fur) but super soft on my tush. It is a Star whoever makes them. We are looking at touring bikes.

...and yes biker chics do have big boobs..but the tight leather vest keeps my girls tucked in...

• Honesty
    Honesty

Dream Machine:

Harley Davidson Motorcycle For Sale

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Your wife is right.

If you can afford a bike, buy $500k in life insurance and disability insurance too.

Also, visit a prosthetic store (fake arms, fake legs). Over 90% of those who get a prosthesis are motorcycle accident victims.

I currently know of one man who is right now in the hospital, ICU to be exact, on a breathing tube, multiple rib fractures, collapsed lung, in a drug induced coma as he's trying to rip out his breathing tubes. He's expected to be in for 3 months, if he does not die.

Have a good friend who is a very careful pilot, like major airplanes. He decided to get a bike, even went to safety school. Within 7 days of the safety school instructor calling him the best, safest driver...his bike slid on some wet leaves at 35 mph....broken ribs, collapsed lung, head concussions, 8 weeks in a chair.

Had a group of friends who hit 40. Each bought a bike, and decided to "enjoy" life. Eventually, one by one, each had an accident (many caused not by their own fault but by dumb women in an SUV). Eventualy, each got rid of their bike.

If you STILL insist on riding a "donor-mobile", know the risks associated with riding a bike, get insurance so your wife's next husband can live in a comfortable lifestyle, and WEAR A HELMET. States with no helmet laws, such as Florida, are gathering the statistics of increased death & brain injuries caused.

Me, I'll stick with a horse. Much safer (even if Christopher Reeves died). Save a horse, ride a cowboy, y'all.

Skeeter1

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

Sweeeeeeeet touring bike....

I can't read the logo Honesty, what kind is it? is that a HD?

• Honesty
    Honesty
    I can't read the logo Honesty, what kind is it? is that a HD?

2003 HD

Brewed to Cruise

• Jourles
    Jourles

Yeah, that's an HD. Add up just those add-on's and accessories, and you've probably paid for my bike! (well, almost paid for it) You're probably looking at a $20k bike there, if not more. Just a wee bit out of my price range.

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate
    Me, I'll stick with a horse. Much safer (even if Christopher Reeves died). Save a horse, ride a cowboy, y'all.

Skeeter1

I want it all Skeeter.

We did have an accident on the River Run to Laughlin and Oatman. It was not bad though, landed on my feet. Cadi pulled out in front of us. We looked so scarey he seemed to think about leaving the scene but drove to the other side of the street and locked his doors. My sweet husband convinced him not to worry that we were ok (I was ready to smack him), even the bike was ok which was a shocker since we hit pretty hard. We use helmets. I even use a helmet when I ride a horse. I've been broken and torn up with horses but given the chance I'll be right back up there.

• EAGLE-1
    EAGLE-1

SWEET--Can I die after you? I want one....

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

The man in the hospital right now was using a helmet, as was my pilot friend. We were not made with an exoskeleton, so protection will help...some. But any bike at 50+ mph is downright deadly, especially against a 2,000 pound SUV rolling over it.

I guess I'm jaded as I've seen the victims, and heard their spouse's terror. No, you will not find my fat butt on the back on a bike. It's just not "fun" to me. I

Skeeter1

p.s. I would ride a bike in an emergency and no other option exists....or if it was in the islands where tourists are regulated to mopeds. But, here in the US, no way.

• Frog
    Frog

Oh whatta relief!...I thought this was gonna be another suicide thread hehe...although, some might argue that buying a crazy bike like this might be the equivalent ;) Enjoy your new toy matey. x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit