Boycott Tom Cruise and his Mission Impossible 3 movie!

by Elsewhere 64 Replies latest jw friends

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

I downloaded a copy of the south park episode from podopolis or something like that... so i could put it on my ipod

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

I wasn't able to make it through the first 20 minutes of the second MI movie. it was sooo boring. I enjoyed the first one though.

He's okay as an actor. I thought war of the worlds was decent. I won't be seening MI3, at least not in the theaters. I won't say it would be a boycott for me though. I don't care enough about it to be noble.

Regarding Chef, it is a shame. I do love Isaac Haye's voice. sigh. I don't watch South Park that often anymore. I really love that no group or religion or race is safe from their humor. They are as equal opportunity as it gets when it comes to humor. Good for them! I have to admit though, I don't watch it often because sometimes they get a bit too nasty for me, but hey, it wouldn't be an equal opportunity show if even I wasn't offended sometime, right?

• towanda
    towanda

That couch jumping, Brooke bashing, cradlerobbering fool will certainly not be getting 2 hours of my time. What a nut! After viewing his antics, If I were even remotely interested in Scientology, I would run screaming the other way! That gorgeous Aussie ex wife of his must give thanks every day that he is out of her life!

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Hi Farkel,

Please elaborate on this statement. I'm most curious. Please provide some FACTS while you are attempting to elaborate.

The number of indecency complaints that the FCC recieves on a yearly basis went from 14,000 in 2002 to 240,000 in 2003. This was up from fewer then 350 in the previous two years.

2006 is shaping up to be a record year for complaints, with 134,000 filed so far just for the show Las Vegas alone.

A several hundred percent (and rising) increase over the span of just a few years. A coincidence? Doubtful.

The vast majority of these complaints are a result of organized campaigns by groups such as the American Family Association and the Parents Television Council. The AFA is James Dobson's group, and the PTC is Brent Bozell III's group. 'nuff said, I think. Edited to add - I checked my math and actually, the percentage increase in the number of complaints from 2001 to 2003 is in the tens of thousands, not several hundred.
  • DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

double

• jgnat
    jgnat

Ever since Tom Cruise went on his cultic rant, I lost all interest. No problem, I'll continue to boycott his movies.

• greendawn
    greendawn

The scientologists are even more cultic, agressive and evil than the JWs and I can't believe that Cruise joined them and by so doing gave them some respectability.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Elsewhere I use torrents all the time. I thought it was a very good idea for making something available, the combination of a public tracker and a privately hosted torrent file, and we could use this for all manner of things.

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs
    The number of indecency complaints that the FCC recieves on a yearly basis went from 14,000 in 2002 to 240,000 in 2003. This was up from fewer then 350 in the previous two years.

2006 is shaping up to be a record year for complaints, with 134,000 filed so far just for the show Las Vegas alone.

A several hundred percent (and rising) increase over the span of just a few years. A coincidence? Doubtful. The vast majority of these complaints are a result of organized campaigns by groups such as the American Family Association and the Parents Television Council. The AFA is James Dobson's group, and the PTC is Brent Bozell III's group. 'nuff said, I think.

BABABOOEY!!! BABABOOEY!!! I said ''f'' the FCC, and went and bought a Sirius satellite radio. Best thing I ever did. luv, jojo

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    I said ''f'' the FCC, and went and bought a Sirius satellite radio. Best thing I ever did.

More power to ya!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit