Were YOU An Arrogant JW?

by minimus 32 Replies latest jw friends

• lola28
    lola28

I was a goody 2 shoes, but never arrogant, the words Lola and arrogant don't go well with each other.

lola

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

To clarify, lest someone think I actually was arrogant, in some congregations anything short of fawning acceptance and agreement with every word that drips from the lips of the lofty (including the Governing Body) is automatically arrogance. Some congregations aren't that way, though, in all fairness.

• blondie
    blondie
    Blondie was growing up among the dubs with only one parent as a JW creating serious problems for you, did they look down upon you socially?

To some extent, but I had other relatives that were big wheels so it softened it some but not completely. It was the kiss of death socially if you had only one parent or one parent that was a JW. But if you were rich, good-looking, or had a good-looking, single male JW relative, it helped.

Blondie

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

No, not at all, just the opposite really. I was in the minority in my kh though, most of them were, and probably still are, arrogant.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

absolutely not - no way

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll

No, I wasn't a goody two shoes with those in the truth, i don't think I ever marked anyone or refused to associate with anyone that wasn't a good associate but i was a bit arrogant when it came to dealing with worldly people. I wouldn't associate with them outside of work hours.

• luna2
    luna2
    Quite the opposite. I was very shy and quiet with great anxiety about life. I've had to work very hard and making myself think I am worth anything.

Sounds a lot like me. I pretty much thought that Jehovah really didn't want me as one of his super duper peeps because it seemed like I was always running into brick walls as a dub. Hard to lord it over other people when you think you are inferior. lol

• SickofLies
    SickofLies

To be a JW is by definition is arrogant, you believe that your the only group in the whole world with the truth. However, I was never one to act pious just to get reconition in the congregation. People like that make me wanna puke, to try and put on a show for the elders and the congregation just so you can lord it over them and put others down. I just wanna punch em in the mouth.

• ferret
    ferret

No: not even as an elder.

• mariposa
    mariposa

Ha, that's funny....

I was the one always trying to stay as far as possible from those guys.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit