Were YOU An Arrogant JW?

by minimus 32 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

You know the type: A goody 2 shoes. One that wouldn't associate with other Witnesses because they weren't mature enough??

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Yes. I was better than all my neighbors. They were going to die but not me & my family cuz we got watchtower.

Dismembered

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Gosh no.

• minimus
    minimus

Dis, from what I can tell, you always knew deep in your heart that most JWs were full of sh*t.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Yes but Min, I was an extremely slow "learner"

Dismembered

• blondie
    blondie

After growing up in a family with only one parent a JW and being avoided as weak spiritually, I vowed that I would not treat other JWs like that when I became an adult. And I kept that vow. Judge not, lest ye be judged, eh?

Blondie

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

All the elders, ministerial servants, and pioneers thought so, yes. OHHHHH! You mean toward those on the outside. No, I wasn't.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• minimus
    minimus

Inside too....Being raised in the "truth", it's easy to be arrogant. I do realize that I was never ever better than anyone else. That's why my attitude toward elders is, "you're no better than me".

• damselfly
    damselfly

Quite the opposite. I was very shy and quiet with great anxiety about life. I've had to work very hard and making myself think I am worth anything.

I did know lots of arrogant JW's though.

Dams

• greendawn
    greendawn

No I never had such an attitude problem either towards the JWs or the so called worldly people.

Blondie was growing up among the dubs with only one parent as a JW creating serious problems for you, did they look down upon you socially?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit