My favorite weather...what's yours? (Ozzie's gone fluffy!)

by ozziepost 35 Replies latest jw friends

• delilah
    delilah

I like to sit on my porch, during a real loud thunderstorm, and watch the rain pour down, the lightening strike off in the distance, and hear the pounding of the thunder. The smell of a rainstorm is wonderful.

Lying in bed and listening to a rainstorm is peaceful.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Lying in bed in Kansas City with it being ridiculously hot and humid and the ceiling fan going and the air-conditioning - and the thunder crashing outside

• serendipity
    serendipity

In the warmer weather, I open the windows and sit there with a glass of wine listening to nature's aquaeous aria. What a pleasant way to spend an evening.

• Frog
    Frog

I really loved the novelty values of froliking through a light dusting of snow in my pj's last winter in Hobart :)...it hadn't snowed in the city in something like 20years prior to that.

Didn't so much enjoy living through a couple of London winters though, everything iced over, that eventually turns into a thick brown mush ewweee...

I also love listening to pelting rain as it poors down on a tin roof, reminds me of North Queensland summers where I grew up...sometimes I sit under the shower with my showercap on to re-produce a like-effect!...don't laugh, it's very comforting ;) hehe.

I also love a nice mild breeze on a still night that makes you feel as though you're sitting on a Thai Beach drinking pinacalada's (sp??).

I also love the smell of freshly cut grass a couple of days after the rain has caused it to shoot up in spring, it fills the air with the smell of green :)

Don't so much like tropical cyclones/hurricanes though, they're not much fun at all...x

• snarf
    snarf

I love watching a thunderstorm coming in from the distance, the smell of rain in the air, the energy. That is my idea of a good time on a warm summer night, kicking back on the porch, with a cool drink, and watching the show.

• Undecided
    Undecided

As long as I wake up in the morning to see the weather, that's my favorite weather.

Ken P.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I like anything except cold and icy, or thunderstorms during the night!

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

Ozzie, I think you can imagin it ain't my favorite weather.

But when you like some rain, by all means visit the Netherlands again - it's for a reason we are calling our country "kikkerlandje". (frog-country)

For now, enjoy your rain - I guess it is welcome after all the heath of the summer....

regards

Branda

• Clam
    Clam

I love frosty mornings in England with the sun shining and crows cawing in the bare trees. I find that very evocative and imagine it being just like that thousands of years ago.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Branda,

I know what you mean!

I will say though that when we were with Vivamus last time, the weather was quite different and the warmth of Vivamus and the sunshine made us forget our previous experiences with the rain;. we do so miss you all very much.

Mrs Ozzie is still finding it difficult to travel - but please know that you are all in our hearts - even the rain!!!

BTW I hear that you were 'enjoying' a blizzard last week??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit